LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
CloudAlternative.com is a new service directed to consumers and small businesses. The idea is to provide a search engine and directory service for the growing number of web based "cloud computing" applications such as Google Docs and Pixlr. (For more information about Cloud computing, or Software as a Service, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_as... and).
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
The websites core functionality is developed but a website design is now needed.
The website will mainly contains 4 views:
This is the first page the visitor sees. It should mainly have two features:
1. A search box
2. A meny with link to information about the site, information about cloud computing and contact/tips form.
Once a users searches he will arrive to the second view:
SEARCH RESULT PAGE
This page will focus on the results returned from the users search. Results are web based applications, e.g. Google Docs. These results should each contain a title and a short description and perhaps a small image.
Next to the main results for applications results for categories and desktop applications that match the search should also be displayed. If the user searches for "word" main results contain Google Docs etc, "categories" contain "Word processing" etc and "desktop apps" will contain "microsoft word" etc.
So the result page contains results from 3 types of searches but the the applications result should be the one in focus.
Once the user clicks on a search result the will arrive at the application details page:
APPLICATION DETAILS PAGE
This page contains the following information:
* Name of the application (e.g. Google Docs)
* Short description (may contain bold, italic, links etc)
* 1-3 Screenshots of the application (some sort of nice integration slideshow would be nice)
* A link to the application homepage
* User ratings of the application (1-5)
* User comments for the application
* A possibility to comment and rate the application
* The tags for the current application (e.g. "Word processing", "Photo editing", "CRM" etc)
* List of Related/similar applications (derived from the tags of the current application)
The top menu contains a few links to information about the site and the concepts of cloud computing. These should lead to plain pages where text and images are used to give the user information. Think of a typical FAQ page.
* On the search page a user can click on a category matching the search. This should bring up a search result page similar to the first one but maybe without category search?
* A searchbox and top menu should be available on all pages, making it very simple for a user to enter or refine a search, think Google.
For a look at the functionality developed so far, please look at http://cloudalt.openworks.se/
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Consumers and small businesses. We can expect people with relatively small knowledge about the market, but as awareness grows people will start looking for alternatives to their current desktop software. Users will expect a simple, fast and very easy-to-use (intuitive) service.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Modern and clean, "web 2.0" style design is preferred, however without the most stereotype web 2.0 style, such as shaded logos etc. A somewhat minimalistic design (A bit like Google, but not taken that far) is preferred. Focus should be on search results and content, not on design or heavy colors.
Designs we like include:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
+ easy to use
+ modern feel
- no heavy colors
- no distractions
No Files Added