LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Im a freelance/contract copywriter and editor based in San Francisco. I work on all sorts of projects for clients in the Bay Area and beyond, mainly in the areas of Web 2.0, emerging technologies, social media, and food and wine.
Im known for creating work that is fresh, compelling and jargon-free.
I really hate my old site it feels musty and dusty, and I dont like the brownish-orangey colors any more.
I want a bright, crisp site with lots of white space and a clean, stylish, type-driven feeling.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
REDESIGN OF MY WEBSITE (5 pages)
- Clean, modern, uncluttered
- My name should be prominent
- Perhaps 2-3 lines of text
- Perhaps a type treatment with words that relate to what I do
2. ABOUT ME
- My bio
- My photo
- Graphic Link to my Flickr page
- Graphic Link to my LinkedIn profile
- A list of what I do, and a brief description of each service, each with an icon or cool type header (see one-page summary attached for services detail)
- Add client testimonials to this page
- A list of client names
- Three "highlight" projects, each with a paragraph of text and an image
- - Add client testimonials to this page - same as Services a section where the could rotate through (perhaps type on clean white background?)
5. CONTACT ME
- This will just be an email no phone #, and not a live link - so it would be fun to make this a cool type treatment. My signature tagline is Talk to Me so that might be something fun to work in. (I really like this Contact page: http://www.swiss-miss.com/hello/say-hell...
- This just needs to be in the navigation - it will link to my existing blog no page design needed here.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
1. Companies in the following market segments: Web 2.0, emerging technologies, social media, and food & wine.
2. Ad agencies that use contract copywriters
3. PR Agencies that use contract copywriters
I work with companies who are innovative, leading-edge, up on new technologies, and who want to create something fabulous. My site needs to portray that same sense of creativity, awareness and insight.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
www.apple.com (I know: EVERYONE says this!)
I don't want my site to look like a blog, naturally - but I do like my blog design www.jenniferjeffrey.typepad.com - it's far from perfect, but its much closer to what I want my site to be than my current design. Ive attached a JPG of the swirly typewriter but you dont have to use it. The font on my blog header is Cochin, which I like, but again Im open to different/new/interesting.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Great type treatments make my heart beat faster if I had another few lives to live, Id spend at least one of them as a typographer. Creative use of type gets HUGE points for me.
Colors: white, black, shades of grey, deep purply-blue (Pantones Blue Iris)
Innovative use of the screen - graphics bleeding off the page, etc - would be highly welcomed.
White space is good. Me like white space.
Please only utilize a cool color palette - NO beige, tan, brown, or other earthy' tones
While were on the color issue, I'm not a big fan of red and yellow, either.
No quaint, homespun, "crafty" looks.
No scrapbook stylin
No Files Added