Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Website (design only) project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Website (design only)?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
After collaborating with multiple designers, the client picked their favorite design, reviewed proofs, requested and received tweaks, and approved final files. The client received high resolution final design files and a signed intellectual property agreement giving the client full ownership to the design.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
The name of our of site is Mingle.com. Our product is simple: a dating community where finding like-minded matches is super easy, enjoyable and engaging. Our site will also include social networking type tools (similar to twitter and facebook). It will essentially be a conversation wall where users can post/view comments from prospective dating partners.
After user's sign up they will be allowed to do everything that most dating sites offer (such as sending messages and searching other members). However, our matching process will not hinge on scientific algorithm mumbo-jumbo (like some of the bigger dating sites sell you on); instead we will make it easy for people to share personal tidbits of information with each other. We believe this will make the process of finding your special someone more fun and more successful too.
Some attributes that we hope to achieve with the site are:
- Web 2.0/3.0
- Social Network-like
To get a better understanding of the direction we are going for here are links to our logo:
Main Mingle Logo (the color scheme is not set in stone, but the design will not change):
Main Mingle Icon (for miscellaneous use such as favicons):
We are not your average marketing or startup company. Between our seasoned team we have marketed various products to millions of users online and fully expect Mingle.com to become a well recognized and exposed brand :-)
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Even though there will be several pages to this website, for this project we would like 3 pages delivered. Any other pages should be easy to derive as variations of these. The winner of this project may be chosen to come up with other pages as an extra project - with extra pay of course :-)
Summary: This is where the twitter-like wall will exist and that will be the main focus of this page. It is also the page that users will be sent to after logging in so it should have a few other features/shortcuts (see below)
Elements to include:
- Twitter-like wall and a text entry box to submit wall posts. Please make up multiple wall posts from different users. They should have usernames and pictures. Each post should also have a button to Reply to the users post.
- Mailbox summary widget. To the right or left of the wall please include some sort of area that summarizes how many new/unread messages the user has (include icons if possible)
- Profile completion bar. This is a status bar that displays the percentage completion of a users profile. A similar bar can be viewed on either LinkedIn.coms homepage or Zoosk.com (you will have to create accounts if you dont have one)
2. Profile Page
Summary: When a user clicks another users username or photo they will be taken to their Profile page. This page will be very similar to profile pages on other dating sites. Please create a profile page for a fake user that includes the following
Elements to include:
- Large user photo and thumbnails of other photos they have uploaded
- Links/buttons to send the user a Message; add them to your Friends list
- A section for what the user has entered in their profile. These include:
An About Me section
A Ideal Date section
Favorite Movies/Books/Music sections
3. Search Page
Summary: The search page is where a user goes to search for other Mingle members. Like most other dating sites, the results are displayed as a list with a summary of the user and their picture. Another important feature are the search filters (so users can narrow results by age/location/religion/height/etc... Please see other dating sites for good examples (zoosk.com is a good one). The mockup should show fake search results as if a user had conducted a search AND selected some filters.
Elements to include:
- Search results with username/photo/age/location. Each result should also include a button to message that user.
- Search filters as described above. Usually the filters are above or to the side of the search results, but where you place them is up to you.
- All pages should include have a similar looking template that includes a menu at the top with the following tabs: Homepage, Search, My Profile, My Network, My Mail, My
- There should be a secondary menu (either above the main menu or somewhere else you may see fit) that includes links for: Settings, Help, Logout
NOTE: BEFORE SUBMITTING DESIGNS FOR ALL 3 PAGES, IT IS RECOMMENDED YOU START WITH JUST ONE (ANY IS FINE). THAT WAY I CAN PROVIDE FEEDBACK ON WHETHER IT IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
The only limit to signing up for Mingle will be age 18+. Other than that the design should appeal to users of all ages/demos. Once again, the key points to keep in mind are:
- Clean/simple/web 2.0/3.0
Not sure if this helps but: we expect the majority of our users to sign up for mingle via advertising from existing social networks (facebook, myspace, bebo, hi5, etc...)
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
There aren't that many sites out there that we like. Here are some in no particular order.
- zoosk.com (this site shares many features with our own and is probably the best to use for design reference)
I strongly encourage designers to create accounts for the above sites that use them and browse their different sections for ideas. If you have any web 2.0/3.0 sites you think would fit the bill, please feel free to send me a note about it.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
No direct rip-offs of other site designs.
No Files Added