Walk on the style side..
About Us: We offer private, bespoke tours of contemporary London. Our audience is the style-aware top-end traveller looking for the inside track on Londons many creative, fashionable scenes: art, shopping, fashion, design etc. Our clients value privacy and a customised service.
The site recently made the shortlist, here in the UK, of the TravelMole Web Awards 2008 as the Best Holiday Add. TravelMole is a global and well respected online information source/community of travel professionals. Unfortunately we didnt win and feel in part this was due to the impact of the landing page.
Audience: Stylish, design aware and aware of their own interests and passions. They value privacy and intimate experiences.
How we work: Visitors browse and choose from:
1) Tours: The Collection pre-set walks, 25% customised to the client on the day
2) London Bespoke 100% customised to the clients interests or passions
Creative Brief - New landing page:
Our business launched about 12 months. Since launch we have had our doubts as to the impact of our landing page. While it goes someway to where we want to be we are now looking for some fresh, stylish ideas to move to the next step. Please take a look:
We are looking to communicate premium, stylish service to the discerning traveller. The new landing page needs to position our brand and service as:
The basic navigation (top line menu) is set since we use this format for the rest of the site.
1) Copy space to introduce the UG concept to web visitors and encourage visitors to browse site around 75 words. We are looking to incorporate the information currently under the What we do/Style London Tours/Your London titles on the current landing page into one, maybe two sections. Please note this is a suggestion only. The challenge is to present web visitors with an engaging home page to continue exploring.
2) Images since we are all about style London images work well for us so they need to be integrated into new design. Ideally we would look to keep the flash element.
3) Newsletter sign up: Name and email address
4) Client log in prompt
5) RSS Feed Whats on in London
6) We have generated some great press quotes over the past six months and would like to include some of these on the home page, possibly using flash on a revolve or slow scroll. The key here is subtly, this website does it well.
"Theres nothing like an expert to open Europes closed doors. Whatever your interests, these tours take you to off-the-radar sites." Travel + Leisure (USA)
A short break in London is a shoppers' dream, but what about those who are more interested in art and antiques? Now, your tour can be tailored to your own specifications. Irish Times
Where do you start if you want to tap into Londons style scene? Thats where Urban Gentrys themed tours really shine....Style or no, leave the stilettos at home! International Herald Tribune
The bulk of the page must sit above the fold.
Inspiration/sites we like:
www.bespoketokyo.jp for immediate impact
Our second page www.UrbanGentry.com/tours has also been praised and it maybe that elements of this page, in terms of signposting, should be incorporated on to the landing page.
Deliverables: Please provide the graphics in proper format (jpg or gif), the cut-and-ready graphical pieces (e.g. corners, borders, gradient backgrounds) and CSS styles needed to assemble the pages.
Images of London landscape ie Big Ben, River Thames
An engaging, stylish, luxury, contemporary feel
That's pretty much it from London. Any questions, just shout.
No Files Added