LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are a public affairs consulting firm that helps companies and lobbying groups develop marketing and public relations strategies to promote their political and policy agendas. We will offer web strategies, executive communications, copywriting, strategic messaging and positioning, and marketing and advertising services.
We are founded by a mathematician who brings strategic thinking into a creative environment.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need five page designs including the home page. The most complicated pages are the home page and Portfolio. Most of the rest of the site is text.
We have a logo.
Colors for logo: Pantone Black 6 C and Pantone 391 C (RGB 163 165 16) (CMYK 13 0 100 33)
Font: Swiss 721 BT Bold
Tagline: In public affairs, it's always your move. So what's your endgame?
1. Home Page: Will have a place for rotating quotes from customers who are happy with our services. There will be a blog on the home page that I want to be seen "above the fold" so that people do not have to scroll down to see the latest entry.
The goal is to get people to contact me so that should be pretty much out in the open (phone and email--you can use just dummy ones for now). No fine print "Contact" anywhere on the page.
Also, want a section that points out my value proposition. Maybe a small highlighted section that says "What happens when an mathematician is let loose in a creative marketing world?" And that would ultimately link to our portfolio. But we still want to have a portfolio button as well so people can see our stuff.
The buttons could be under a header: SquareRook's Communications Math
2. (+) Our Solutions Simply Add Up: This is basically our portfolio page. Want this to look very slick. I want people to be able to see all six examples we are going to put up there. Here is one option, but I am not married to it. Maybe have six buttons on the top that explain each of the six projects in about eight words or less. Then when they select it, I am thinking of having one side of the page show a visual of one of our products (an ad, screen shot of a web page) and the other side with text that explains "The Challenge" and "The Solution."
3. (Division sign--can't find it on my Mac) Division of Labor: This is just mostly text. It's the equivalent to "Who We Are" page. Just text.
4. (X) Multiple Services to Meet Your Challenges: This will list out 7 services that we will provide. The services are the following: Strategic Positioning and Communications, Executive Communications, Self Branding and Executive Resumes, Marketing and Advertising, Graphic Design, Copywriting, Speaking Engagements. Under each service will be about four sentences or so of text describing the services.
5. (-) The SquareRook Difference. This page will be all text that describes why we are different from the rest. Just text.
I am not married to any of these ideas. If you think of a better way to express some of these, feel free to offer your ideas. Text of the design is the easiest thing to change so changing headers will not be a disqualify anyone's designs.
I am sensitive to the "Above the fold." and would really like most elements to be in view when someone opens a page. It does not need to be crammed in there (particularly the portfolio page). But at least the header and first few sentences of the blog should be visible without scrolling on the home page. And the four "buttons" should be visible without scrolling.
As for color scheme. Would definitely like to keep it consistent with the logo. Not opposed to the use of additional colors so long as they contrast well with the greenish/black logo colors.
I attached my logo for reference. I can attach a better quality one in the next day or so.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Lawmakers, political opinion leaders, lobbying groups, corporations, and communications executives.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
None. But I like the "reflective" look for the portfolio.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Nothing I can think of.
No Files Added