LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
TransFS is an online comparison shopping business for small business financial services. Think of us as an Orbitz or Travelocity, but rather than helping people compare and purchase airplane tickets, we help small businesses compare and purchase financial services (such as payroll processing, credit card processing and business loans).
Our beta website is live right now at http://transfs.com
A key part of the TransFS mission is to use technology to help small businesses save time and money. Our free tools and credit card processing auctions have saved companies hundreds of dollars a month, and our customers have been very happy with the service we offer.
Founders Sean Harper and Joshua Krall are two former small business owners that experienced, first-hand, the difficulties in shopping for financial services. TransFS is a young, small, fast-moving company that takes pride in innovation.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
The new design will be used throughout our entire site. We would like three mockups:
* a redesigned Home page, see: http://transfs.com (focus the majority of your energy on this mockup)
* a mockup of the layout for our blog (or other text/post content), see: http://transfs.com/blog
* and a mockup of how a data-entry form might look, see: https://transfs.com/credit_card/auctions...
We will use these mockups to roll out the design to the rest of our site. If your design is chosen, we may be interested in some additional help in converting these mockups into valid XHTML/CSS, if follow-on work interests you. Furthermore, we regularly make changes and add new features to our site that will need design expertise. If we like your design... we would love to develop a longer-term relationship that would very likely bring additional design work.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our customers are small business owners, all around the U.S. Many of them are e-commerce merchants, who are tech-savvy and can easily tell the difference between an old-school design and a newer web2.0-style website. That said, we also have customers of all types... restaurant owners, convenience stores, people who sell personalized stationary, or do origami for special events! We need our website to be very approachable: easy to use, easy to read, easy to understand.
TransFS.com needs a new image that reflects its serious mission and friendly culture. Our current website looks dated, and we would like a new design that accurately portrays the company as one that uses cutting-edge software to solve business problems. We want a new design that will give our customers the impression we are a Web2.0 company, with new ideas and an approachable, responsive attitude.
TransFS.com is not a big corporate monster. We don't want our site to look citibank.com because we are a financial services company. We love the approach that Wesabe.com and Mint.com have taken... they come across as friendly, social companies who can help you with your finances. We want TransFS.com to feel that way for small business owners.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Here are some website that we like:
* http://www.mint.com (one of our favorite designs)
* http://www.wesabe.com (nice home page)
We like certain elements of these designs:
These websites have a simplicity that is appealing... however the specific design choices are probably not right for us:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
We like the color palette of our current site, but perhaps the colors could be made more bold and inviting. However, we are definitely open to experiments that use completely different color schemes. We have been told that reds don't test well for finance-related applications, so that is worth taking under consideration.
Similarly, we like our logo and the typeface for our company name... but are very much open to changes in these as well.
On our home page, want to see:
* Simple navigation to our blog, about us, get started, etc... the tabs on our current site, except that we might be interested in an FAQ item as well, space-dependent.
* A place for contact information
* Basic description of us & call to action for our product/features
* If possible, a location for our TransFS TV channel... we use: transfs.blip.tv
* Latest blog entries
On every page, we need:
* we need the same navigation items as on the home page... but they can be styled differently, as long as it is still very clear how to navigate around
* A login-box so that users can log into their account (our current design has a nice version of this)
What we don't want to see:
* Background images that clutter the page
* Small fonts that are hard to read (our current site has many pages with this problem, 10px is too small really)
What we really want:
* Surprise us with innovative designs!
* Take risks... we'll let you know what doesn't work for us.
* We will be very proactive with comments and feedback.
No Files Added