Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Website (design only) project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Website (design only)?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
Who are you?
BonVoyou.com is a private sale site focused on upscale and boutique hotels. We have recently launched our site (February 2010) and have averaged about 1 or 3 hotels on sale per week. Our site caters to discriminating customers; our customers have traveled a fair amount, and are willing to pay more for a better hotel experience.
What is a private sale, and how does a private sale website work?
- A private sale means that you have to login to see what's on sale. - - The sales are not available to the public, only to members of the private sale website.
- We send an email to our members before the sale starts. We'll usually have 2 or 3 hotels on sale at one time.
- A sale usually lasts for a week. Example sale: "Save 50% the Hyatt Waikiki Beach - stays available from now till labor day - sale ends next Friday."
- After the sale is over, the deal/discount is gone.
- Every week, a new sale starts, the last sale ends.
What do you need?
We have recently launched and are starting to gain some traction, but believe that we need to upgrade our look to appeal to our discriminating customers. Our website needs to be a showcase that allows us to merchandise the hotels as the main attraction, so simplicity in design is important. We believe our current design is distracting, taking emphasis away from the quality of our product and the compelling discount. We need to portray are hotels in the best light, and communicate elements of class, simplicity, smartness, elegance, and boutique.
We believe travel is inherently an experience of the senses - the better we can transport the customer to the property via compelling photos, imagery, and sensual words, the better. When a customer sees our picture of a beach hotel, their feet should tingle with anticipation of getting on the beach. We are selling the experience, not just a bed.
What we don't want is loud, distracting, or overbearing. We view our website as a gallery or clothing boutique, where customers can come in, get a closer look at the hotels, and decide to commit to their next luxury experience. The hotels should speak for themselves - our job is to put them in the best light, and then communicate that our price represents a great way to experience this hotel for less. To break thru the cacophony of travel websites, we think less is more for our customers.
Lastly, we need to somehow separate ourselves from the competition. Our competitors have both established very compelling imagery and simplicity in their own designs. We need to be different while still adhering to the principles outlined above.
This project encompasses the following pages:
- Invitation page - http://www.bonvoyou.com/invite/greathote...
- Splash page - http://www.bonvoyou.com
- Home page - http://www.bonvoyou.com/home
- Sale page - click on any active sale on the home page
- Booking page #1 - search for a rate, and then click the book button for the sale page
- Promotional email - see the attachment crowdspring.zip for this email.
All the above screens are also available within the crowdspring.zip file.
Please join the site via this link:
You will gain access to all the pages above, and can unsubscribe from any future marketing emails at any time.
Who Is Your Audience?
Singles or couples who are looking for great deals on luxury and boutique hotel stays. Our key customer is likely skewed towards women, who are more likely to shop opportunistically for the next getaway. These are higher income individuals who like to travel, and have discriminating taste in hotels. They recognize value, so our hotels will appeal to them from a quality perspective, and we need to communicate a great discount for that quality. In addition, our customers have seen many travel websites, so the "hard sell" likely will be a turn off.
We Like These Examples
We like the presentation of our competitors:
Both present hotels as experiences, with large, vivid, and inspiring photos, curated hotel content, and a simple and easy to navigate site.
Other brands that we think appeal to our customer base, that we might learn from.
All of these brands are lifestyle/experience brands - they are selling the lifestyle that goes along with their product and brand.
We Absolutely Must Have
We need to keep our logo, but the colors can change.
We need a color scheme that will show hotel photographs in their best light. We do not control the photographs, so colors, balance, etc are not in our control.
We need a simple design, and one that we can execute with a minimal amount of custom graphic design work moving forward. We're happy to pay for the one off, but extremely complex layouts are expensive to maintain.
We need to continue with a 960px page width - we use grid960 for our layout, and would like to continue.
We need to continue presenting the basic elements within each page (sale title, hotel location, some descriptive content, etc, but the emphasis can change).
No Files Added