LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
SourceForge, Inc. is the leader in online collaboration and social media, connecting people and technologies globally by combining user-developed news content, open source software distribution, and innovative gadgets and apparel all fashioned toward a loyal, cool, high-geek culture.
About our sites:
- SourceForge.net is the worlds largest open, collaborative platform enabling millions of open source fanatics to develop, code, and distribute cutting edge, emerging technologies amongst a universal community of hobbyists, casual consumers and leading industry professionals seeking and evaluating software solutions.
- Slashdot is the single hottest source of peer-tested content and discussion, the only site of its kind, providing a ritualistic daily dose of technology news, culture and humor for an insatiably loyal, near zealous, audience dialed into the technology world.
- ThinkGeek is a leading e-commerce site with a high geek cool quotient, equiping geeks with innovative gadgets and apparel.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
A design based on the following brand ideas
- friendly (in a conversational way)
- urban (not Skater or grunge/gangster - but downtown chic/sleek , we're not stuffy)
- colorful (tasteful not garish)
We need a theme using elements off the attached wireframe. It is pretty generic and everything can be moved or sized how you'd like. Just trying to get the content on the page. Logos are attached. The main site logo should not be retreated too much but the other logos can by stylistically adapted to match design.
Dynamic space can include screenshots, logo concepts, ect
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
- Marketing Community (Young professionals, media planners, Madison ave types)
- Investors/Analysts (NYC/SF connected, experienced)
- Job Seekers (Cool people who want to work at a cool place)
- Current Employees (Get information and identify with site)
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Esty About Page (personality, social aspect, dynamic widgets, staff pics)
Gawker About (detail of the product/site pages)
Vimeo (open and transparent with stats, fun interactive element, social, fun, color, staff pics)
Target About Us (Clean, dynamic, representative of the brand)
Technorati About (Prominent explanation of who they are and what they do, Clear paths for a few different user segments)
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Clear navigation
- Clear logo - but do not use the colors to build the site but seek complimentary colors
- Dynamic elements
- Fun and friendly
- Simple and clean design elements,
- Anything like we have now
- Not cartoony or cutesy fun
- Not corporate
- Not static
- Not orange, or lime green - you get the picture?
No Files Added