LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
This is a stealth company, so I won't be able to give you as much information as a typical project on this site. I am providing the basic site direction so you can see what I am looking for.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
What we need:
Very minimalist website (think reddit, delicious, etc) so that it will transcend various industries. This site will not need a design that is geared toward a specific industry.
1. Header area design - here is some basic information regarding the attached designs:
b. The tab area for All, Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 should be at 100% width of the entire browser with the tabs left justified.
c. If a user is in the All tab it would show an equal amount of possibilities for Type 1, Type 2, and Type 3 values with an arrow that will show more for that type when someone hovers over it. If you can figure out a good way for people to immediately know that they are looking at a Type 1 versus a Type 2 versus a Type 3 (in my example I just put a bar from top to bottom, but they still wouldn't know it is a Type 1 for example because it wouldn't be called Type 1 in real life) then you get bonus points.
d. There are various other secondary needs like the United States/Help/Feedback area (for United States, it should be a drop-down where people can select a new country...please show an example of that, perhaps with country flag associated so people know what it is in case it isn't in their language) and the share/remove frame area.
2. Basic content page - please just put some content with the following items:
a. Hierarchy of H1, H2, H3, etc and how that would look with body content as well
b. Basic form with all possible form elements included for looks (drop down, text field, etc)
3. Div hover pop-up design - you will note that there are two div hovers:
a. One that has basic content in it when someone hovers over a sub-navigation link.
b. One that has additional links and shows when someone hovers over the arrow for each type in the sub-navigation.
What we don't need:
1. Logo design - the logo (in my attached designs it is "sitename") should just be text - think delicious. In the future we may add an icon like delicious has, but for launch it would just be text to highlight the name of the site a user is on.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Virtually everyone - again, this shouldn't focus on a specific industry. It should be very minimalist so that I can transfer it to any industry/target audience. Again, think reddit.com, delicious.com, stackoverflow.com. Colors are allowed (although again legibility is the most important thing so greys/blacks/whites are probably going to be a primary use in this design).
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
1. Try to minimize the height of the header area as much as possible while still making things legible (in other words I want as much space for the content area as possible while still making the header area functional and legible).
2. No/minimal graphics - your only latitude here would be gradients, arrows (for the hover areas and div pop-ups), and vertical/horizontal lines (although those really aren't graphics).
No Files Added