Here's the client journey on crowdspring:
1.The client completed an interactive design brief.
- The brief is customized for each project category.
- The client specifies what they want (and don't want).
- Simple and proven process (takes just a few minutes).
2.Our über-talented designers created dozens of unique designs.
In a typical Website (design only) project on crowdspring, many professional designers submit dozens of custom designs based on your brief. See all designs submitted to this project.
- 220,000+ designers from 195 countries.
- The client reviews & gives feedback.
- Great collaboration tools & free focus groups.
Have questions about custom Website (design only)?Get a free, no obligation design consultation
3.The client picked the winning design and received final files.
- Collaborate with the winning designer.
- The designer will implement final adjustments.
- The client receives full intellectual property rights.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Limelife.com is a web site that delivers content and functionality to women, aged 18-35 years old. Limelife delivers fresh, smart, timely programming that taps into the lifestyle interests of the young super communicator generation. We also provide utility and deliver a fun social shopping experience. The goal is to tie the "My Snaps" feature/functionality directly to the social aspect of shopping. My Snaps allows users to collect images on the web and store them in collections and then share them with friends, friends can then comment and vote of the Snaps (next release).
Please visit www.limelife.com for a good look at the current experience. To fully understand the project, you will need to register and use the 'My Snaps" bookmarklet tool and functionality. Please use the pain points to improve the current My Snaps educational experience.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Redesign the My Snaps landing page (http://www.limelife.com/bookmarklet.html) experience to fit with the rest of the Limelife Community experience and overall site design.
- Significantly improve the usability experience and design when a Limelife visitor registers and navigates to the My Snaps landing page to both learn about what the feature is and how to use it. Font and look and feel should match similar pages on the Limelife Community category.
- The New My Snaps landing page (left column placement, per current dimensions. Page Right column is not changed) should be three distinct information/action areas in this order:
1. What is My Snaps
2. How do I use My Snaps (uses a Flash Player to illustrate)
3. Get the My Snaps tool
Top of page should include the Flash Demo of the product overview and how it is used. A new improved Flash demo could be an additional value add if the creator would like to deliver that. The new Flash demo is not a must have for this project though.
Middle of pages should be the How do I use 'My Snaps" Flash demo with a user friendly caption like : " Click on this box to see all the cool things you can do with "My Snaps". reatin the exisiting toolbar mouse over helper, but feel free to improve.
Bottom of page would be the Get "My Snaps" call to action. Update font to match site design and provide a better UX.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Women 18-35 years old that are tech/web savvy
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Wire frames and navigation flows
- The design layout for the landing page per above requirements
No Files Added