Kellogg Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference
What do you do?
I am a student at the Kellogg School of Managements, and along with a few of my peers, we are organizing and hosting a Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference at the school. This is the 12th year of the conference which is hosted by students at the Kellogg School of Management and brings together industry professionals (PE investors, VC investors), media, professors and students. The purpose of the conference is to give students more exposure to the industry and provide a forum for industry professionals to network and discuss current issues in the field. Below is our welcome message that we use to solicit sponsors for the conference.
The Kellogg School of Management is proud to present the 12th annual Kellogg Private Equity and Venture Capital Conference. Each year, the conference brings together some of the biggest names and brightest minds in the fields of private equity and venture capital to discuss the opportunities and challenges facing the industry. The theme of this years conference is Value Creation in the New Decade. As the sector begins to emerge from the downturn, the conference will provide a forum to discuss how firms, venture capitalists, private equity investors, entrepreneurs, and LPs can create value in this new environment. The conference is the largest and most anticipated student-run conference at Kellogg and attracts a great deal of interest from industry professionals, alumni, faculty, and students alike. Attendees will have the opportunity to gain insights from, pose questions to, and network with leading investment professionals representing a diverse group of firms, markets and geographies. The conference is a full day event and will take place February 9, 2011 at the University Club of Chicago in downtown Chicago.
Do you have a desired website screen size?
Design for 1024 x 768 resolution.
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Private Equity & Venture Capital (Finance)
Describe the target audience for your website design
This conference brings together industry professionals (private equity investors, venture capital investors), media, students (mostly graduate students studying business that have an interest in the sector) and professors.
Although the conference attracts a variety of different people, we are looking to making it most appealing to the industry professionals as a way of attracting them to the conference.
Some demographic information on this audience:
- Age: 30 - 55
- Sex: Predominantly male
- Location: predominantly based in NY, San Francisco, and Chicago
- Income: greater than $200K
- Industry: PE/VC/Investing/Finance
- Education: graduate level
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1. Professionalism: we would like this website look professional given that our audience is made up of highly successful investors and business men.
2. Simplicity: getting our message across with a clean and simple look.
3. To have a better designed website than our peer schools private equity/venture capital conferences: Wharton School of Management - http://www.whartonpeconference.org/, Columbia Business School - http://www.cbspevcconference.com/, Chicago Booth http://student.chicagobooth.edu/group/pe..., and Harvard Business School (website is currently down)
How is your company different from your competitors?
Our conference is different from some of the other business schools private equity/venture capital conferences in a variety of ways:
1) Since it is centrally located in Chicago, the conference tends to attract professionals from both coasts (NY & SF/LA) as well as a significant number from the Chicago area.
2) Kellogg as a school attracts more social, outgoing students than our rival schools.
3) Kellogg as an institution focus more on teamwork than many of the other top business schools
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
1)We really like the style and layout of the Kellogg Technology Conference website, another conference hosted by students at the Kellogg School of Management - http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/tech... (this website was designed using Crowdspring). Although we like the style of this site, were looking to give it a more professional feel using a much different color scheme.
2)We also like the design and feel of the KIN Global website - http://www.kinglobal.org/, another event that is hosted by the Kellogg School of Management.
3)On the more professional sites, we like color schemes and professional feel of the websites for Merrill Lynch - http://www.ml.com/index.asp?id=7695_1512... and Goldman Sachs - http://www2.goldmansachs.com/our-firm/in....
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
White, Blue, Grey, Charcoal/Black
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
Yellow, Green, Orange, Pink
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Informative, Simple, Clean, Professional
What content must be included in the website design?
To get an idea of the content that must be included in the website design, you can look at the website from last years conference http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/priv....
Like the above site, we ultimately want to build it out to include 8 pages, although were only having 5 of them designed at this point. As such, we need a navigation bar (we like the design of the one on this site - http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/tech... ) with 8 entries.
The five pages that we want designed now are:
3. Keynotes (a web page with biographies of our two main speakers also refer to how its laid out in the Tech Conference site above)
4. Panels (a page listing the different panels for the conference, a brief description of the panel, and a list of the participants in the panel also refer to how its laid out in the Tech Conference site above).
5. Logistics most of the information from last years site should be the same, but we want a nicer layout.
The other 3 tabs that we need included on the navigation bar are: Register, Contact, and Sponsors. We would like these to link to blank pages for now, which we will These pages will be built outcomplete at a later date.
Additionally, we would like to incorporate social media into our site similar to the way it was incorporated in the tech conference above thus you would have the ability to join our group on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and to add us on Outlook calendar. It could also be cool to incorporate a Twitter feed on the home page. Our Twitter account is KelloggPEVCConf.
The Kellogg School also requires us to include the Kellogg School of Management logo, generally in the banner at the top. I will attach a file with this logo, but you can also see it on both of the websites mentioned above.
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
Essentially were looking for a website with the content included on this website - http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/priv... (this is essentially a redesign of this site), the layout of this website - http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/tech..., and the color scheme of this site www.ml.com
No Files Added