What do you do?
Motorsports marketing - provide motorsports sponsorship consultation to race teams like Pennzoil, Quaker State, etc.
Do you have a desired website screen size?
Design for 1024 x 768, so the actual artwork should be no more than 960 pixels wide. Try to keep most content above the fold (600px or so).
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
2 pages (home and interior)
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your website design
Primarily male, wide range of age. Most are senior marketing executives for motorsports race teams and sponsors. Highly educated, into automotive news and trends. National and international, with focus on race venues (Charlotte North Caroline, Houston, Indy, Europe).
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1. SDI's expertise and heritage in the world of motorsports
2. The importance of competent guidance in sponsorship
3. Excitement for the world of motorsports sponsorship
How is your company different from your competitors?
1. We're a full-service agency
2. We're smaller, which means more personal service and expertise
3. We are passionate about racing and have been involved in the industry for decades
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
We're going for a retro style to some degree.
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
The page background should be black or a very, very dark tint. The logo is black/red/white, so those are the primary colors. We want the photography to really "pop" ;) on the dark background, so other colors should be used sparingly.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
No specific limitations, but consider the brand and audience... pastels and feminine colors are no-go.
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Speed, masculine, progressive, awesome, action-packed, trendy
What content must be included in the website design?
I have a complete prototype of the site for reference: http://sportdimensionsinc.businesscataly...
A few notes:
- For the entire right-sidebar on the home page, you could combine those elements (facebook widget, email sign-up, social icons) into a smaller block like the one on the home page of http://www.philliplockwood.com
- IF YOU DO THAT (and you should), please add a new block for "Happenings" somewhere on the page. Show the most recent 4 "happenings," with each consisting of a date and a headline.
- The big photo on the home page will be jQuery slideshow (can be complete HTML though, not just images), so design accordingly.
- Use the logo from PAGE 2 of the attached PDF
- The overall layout should be clean and progressive, but their logo is retro and we should use a retro font (similar to what's in the logo: Airstream, MarketDeco) for the main nav and for headings.
- Be sure to include the DHTML drop-down menus in your layout
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
I'm attaching the required creative assets: logo, photo for the home page billboard and a similar graphical style to what we're looking for. I don't have the logo fonts.
No Files Added