LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
JaDank.com is a green company that helps people quickly and easily sell their old devices to us for cash. We promise that every device we buy will be safely recycled or put back into good use.
JaDank.com must allow the user to...
1. Search for and find their devices
2. Sell and provide a shipping label to send those devices back
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Final deliverables should be PSD files with layers intact for slicing into xhtml/css.
We are looking for designs that focus on clarity and usability, as well as beautiful visuals.
There are 4 key pages/templates within the site that we need designed, See the attached wireframes.
Please note that even though wireframes are provided, if you feel that the design is better served by a different layout, feel free to make small changes that do not alter the site too much. We look forward to your input.
The pages required as follows:
1. Homepage (1st page in attached .pdf file)
2. Device Information Input Page (2nd page in attached .pdf file)
3. Checkout Page (3rd page in attached .pdf file)
4. Generic template for sub-pages (based upon pages #1-3
We need the website design to match the feel of our Logo and to be firmly based upon the drawings attached. It needs to be very simple and very clean.
- White background is first choice... possibly and off white or Beige...
- The user must find his/her device by the time they leave the first page.
- We're looking for a well proportioned homepage. The rightmost 1/3rd section of the site is originally blank. This is where search results will appear, displaying phones, mp3 players, cameras, etc based upon the search criteria in the original search.
- We need a clearly formatted area for images of devices to appear proportionally.
- Follow the general advice we have provided below
Some of our major objectives include:
1. The program behaves exactly how the user thought it would.
2. To make people happy, we have to let them feel like they are in control of their environment. We need to correctly interpret their actions. The interface needs to behave in the way they are expecting it to behave.
3. Every time we provide an option, we're asking the user to make a decision.
That means they will have to think about something and decide about it. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but, in general, we should always try to minimize the number of decisions that people have to make.
4. Users can't control the mouse very well. (This is one reason to be weary of a drop down box).
5. Make sure the text we use is easy to see
When font is small RM (lowercase: rm) can look like a lower case M. Therefore we should use a font where letters are easy to read.
6. Users can't remember anything-
Pictures and images are extremely important in explaining the process and reinforcing our messages. Images are going to need to come in big time well need to help people see our point.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Anyone with an old electronic device - but predominately people who are partial to recycling/being green.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
1. See our own hand drawn designs attached. Use these as a model.
8. some parts of Gazelle.com
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
1. You work with the designs we provide (to a reasonable extent).
3. Follow the "6 things to keep in mind" above
No Files Added