LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Art & Logic (www.artlogic.com) is a well-known custom software developer. We have been in business since 1991. We are considered a "high-end" developer, unlike many of the budget options available. We have worked for over 500 clients, many of them worldwide brands. We specialize in web development, iPhone development, and Mac development.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
See the attached PSD file. It contains the current design, which we believe is 75% done. The last 25% is always the hardest. We would like someone to take it to the next level. What do you think?
* We need the typography to be perfected. Typography is the main design feature of the site, not images. Visitors should think, "wow, that site is simple & lightweight, but super beautiful."
* Overall, the typography doesn't look quite right. Maybe it's crowded. Maybe the color scheme is wrong. Maybe the font sizes or spacing is wrong.
For the sans-serif font, we really like Gill Sans (Gill Sans MT on Windows). We plan to use the actual font, not images. Only 50% of our users have Gill Sans on their computers, so we'll need to find a technical solution to this problem.
* We used Palatino italic for the "&" in the logo, which seems pretty good and is available on most computers. We used Georgia as a serif font, which we think is better than Times New Roman.
* We need a beautiful color scheme that fits with our target audience.
* We need a background image. We really like this type of background image: http://travisisaacs.com, starting at the top and fading down. Note that we want the main background color to be light (or white) not black.
* The three boxes at the top need work. We need standard and "selected" versions of these. We were thinking of a small arrow/triangle at the bottom to show which one is selected, but are open to ideas. By the way, the "Become a Client" link will cause the browser to scroll down to the form at the bottom.
If there's a way to make the site seem cleaner, simpler, and more balanced, we would very much like that.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
We bring together two things: EXPERIENCE and YOUTH. Most companies that have been around as long as us are old and boring. We're different.
We have become a prominent iPhone App developer. Most of these apps have consumer-centered audiences. We'd like our customers to look at our site, and believe that we are capable of developing consumer-focused iPhone apps.
Just to be clear, our old website (www.artlogic.com) was focused more on corporate workers. That's why we used grays & blues. We would like a more youthful appearance.
The PSD file contains a palette (as a layer) that we were using. One drawback of this particular palette is that it doesn't include any blue at all. That might be a mistake.
Our company has a streak of idealism and hubris. We do things differently, including allowing our employees to work remotely from wherever they want. From a technical standpoint, we expect websites to be lightning-fast. That's why we want to rely mainly on typography instead of heavy images.
We want to attract clients who appreciate the finer points of web design and will hire us partly because our site is beautiful.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
These designs have some characteristics that we like. However, remember that most of what we want can already be seen in the attached PSD.
Nice background image.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
We used the 12-column grid system from http://960.gs. There's a "grid" layer in the PSD file, to line things up.
If you want to change the grid size, you can get a new grid here: http://www.spry-soft.com/grids/ It's important to use this grid system because we will be using their corresponding CSS template to code the site.
We really like the Gill Sans font, even though it's not available on 50% of our users' computers. We will try to find a technical solution to this problem.
We don't want to see a major re-arranging of our content. If you think things should be re-arranged, then show us how you would do that. However, we are pretty happy with the overall arrangement, headline text, etc.
No Files Added