What do you do?
Kneadabaker.co.uk is a website that aggregates menus from bakeries across the UK, facilitating search by the cake-, pastry- and bread-loving public.
Do you have a desired website screen size?
The width should be between 900--1000px.
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your website design
Aimed at the U.K. general public. Wide demographic (anyone who buys fresh baked goods and uses the web).
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1. Novel search -- We will allow very granular searching on baked goods, which is not possible anywhere else. For example, you will be able to find all French chocolate cakes that contain nuts.
2. Playfulness / Fun / Child-like... -- We often eat cakes and pastries to celebrate great events in life or to treat ourselves. Children enjoy cakes the most of all, and arent afraid to show it.
3. ...But Professional -- We eventually intend to allow users to buy the goods they see, so the site can't feel like a blog.
How is your company different from your competitors?
There are no direct competitors right now. Few bakeries have websites, and those that do only provide limited search functionality for their own products. No U.K. websites currently provide search across various bakeries by different search criteria.
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
Please see attached logo for color scheme.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
Any colors that clash with the logo color scheme.
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Playful, silly, fun, but also professional.
What content must be included in the website design?
1. Search page - Search for baked goods
2. Results page - Display menu items and bakeries that match search.
3. Bakery profile page - Show information about a bakery.
4. Generic text page (About, Contact us, Privacy...)
See attached specification for more information
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
- You can find a working prototype of the main features of the Search and Results pages here:
http://www.neilbenn.com/kneadabaker/main.... Type WC1A as the location, and dark chocolate truffle as the search text to get results.
- If you click on a bakery name, you will see a rough draft of some of the information we plan to show on the bakery profile page.
- When you hover over certain elements on the search results page you see a custom tool tip, when you perform a search you see a Wait dialog, and when you type in the search criteria fields you see an autocomplete menu. Weve also built a combobox widget which combines a multiple select dropdown with an text box. These user interface elements need to be designed as well.
- This is just a prototype. Feel free to move everything around, and change the look and feel of anything. Wed like to keep the results page in a tabbed format, if possible, but were open to a different design for the tabs.
No Files Added