All Things Cupcake
What do you do?
All Things Cupcake is a website about cupcakes that is updated daily. We feed your cupcake obsession, daily. If you arent obsessed with cupcakes, you will be. We search high and low for those hard to find cupcake items, recipes and more. We even tell you where to find them and the price. (Isnt that nice?)
You can find us at: http://www.allthingscupcake.com
Do you have a desired website screen size?
1024 width would be fine. We don't need the site to stretch as it generally makes design and implementation more difficult.
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your website design
Young to mature women, mothers with kids, everybody who would enjoy a cupcake. Our readers span the US geographies and includes Europe and Asia as well. We also do have an active following of cupcake owners and professional bakers as well.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
Our current design is kinda kitschy and cluttered. We want to to project a cleaner, attractive, and more modern look. Let's say an Apple Store for cupcake information rather than Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe.
Another problem with our current design is that it only highlights the latest blog posts. We have a library of years and years of cupcake ideas and products. The homepage should help guide the users into the depth of cupcake information and ideas available on the site.
We want to migrate the perception of the blog from daily blog posts towards magazine, informational resource, idea center for cupcakes.
How is your company different from your competitors?
We are different from many cupcake blogs, because we don't just highlight recipes, cooking, and news. We also focus on cupcake products and items like cupcake jewelery, stationary, or t-shirts.
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
A couple Wordpress Blog themes that we feel would be excellent starting points for both design and coding of the site are:
Both these themes have:
- Multi-level dropdown menus for category navigation
- Strong image-driven homepage with lots of article choices from multiple categories
- Room for existing advertisement systems to be placed into design
- fat footer to embed navigational systems
- Fanstastic social/search bar on top, allows us to emphasize our Facebook and Twitter followings
- Get our newsletter widget on right is important to us
- Design is more laid back and modern
- Less clutter in article layout and selection
One thing we especially want to experiment with is a full-screen image for the background. Similar to these sites:
Our backgrounds do not need to be as dynamic in color or prominent in purpose, but we feel like it opens the window and brings in some fresh air to how the website feels to the readers. Since cupcakes are about fun, we want out website to feel this way too.
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
Up to designer. We would like to break the unspoken cupcake convention of baby pink/baby blue. But following the age-old cute pink/blue color scheme but done in a modern refreshing way would be fine as well.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
We rather not see the traditional baby pink/baby blue/brown type of cupcake colors.
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
modern, clean, fun, informational, easy to read, compelling graphics
What content must be included in the website design?
Some content must be included:
1. Prominent social media follower/like counts similar to flowhub social bar
2. Prominent search bar placemnet
3. Must have "Get our Newsletter" widget in design
4. Foodbuzz featured publisher image and skyscraper ad (in existing website) must be there for the new design as well. Location can be changed if needed, but must be above the fold.
5. The BuySellAds series of blocks undeneath the foodbuzz ad, with square, rectangular, and small rectangle blocks needs also a place in the new design. The small rectangle blocks can be left out of the homepage if too cluttered.
No Files Added