Boutique strategy consulting firm
WHAT DO YOU DO?
The companys core competencies lie in focused turnaround (rifle-shot), strategic, in-depth research and analysis of commercial issues (e.g., market sizing, industry dynamics, customer needs, competitive analysis, strategic analysis, customer and product profitability) and commercial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
WHAT IS YOUR INDUSTRY?
We are a strategy consulting firm founded in 1994 by alumni from the strategy houses. Based in Boston, we have offices in New York, Chicago, and Colombo, Sri Lanka, and have expertise across multiple industry verticals. Our geographic client mix is 75% domestic and 25% international, and our project work includes Fortune 500 corporate clients with revenues ranging from $100M - $35B, and private equity clients who include 10 of the top 25 global Leveraged Buyout firms.
DESCRIBE YOUR AUDIENCE
We have an understanding of four unique types of visitors to our website and of the image/message we wish to communicate. These are:
- Current clients: Discreet professionalism. This group will be the least likely to use our site, perhaps only for simple information such as contact numbers and personal biographical information about our senior staff.
- Potential clients: Discreet professionalism plus a focused set of capabilities. Here we wish to convey the strength of our core competencies and depth of the industries we work with. These individuals may have already heard of us through a colleague or friend. When they visit our site, its our opportunity to make them want to call us. they tend to be 40-65 year old corporate executives and major investors.
- Potential recruits: Refined collegiality with potential for individual success and growth. Driven, smart, and resourceful recruits will fall into two sub groups, full-time and contractor, each of which will have a significant description and communication from us on the site. These individuals tend to be 30-50 years old.
- Field Sources: Discreet researchers, but not hiding anything. We talk to multiple individuals in many fields. These may be some of the most frequent visitors to our site. We wish to make these visits short and agreeable. If we ask someone for information and they immediately check us out on the web make them want to talk to us within 5 seconds.
WHAT ARE THE TOP 3 THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMMUNICATE TO YOUR AUDIENCE?
Another element of our intended strategy is to have it reflect the company as larger than we are. We have four small offices on two continents, but provide work to clients many magnitudes larger than ourselves. We have ~75 people, but would like to look like we're ~200. Weve built a reputation on quality, understanding our clients needs intimately and delivering a focused, superior product without being luxuriously expensive.
With that in mind, we wish to emphasize a couple elements of feel in the design of the site that we wont necessarily explicitly detail in our copy:
1) We're focused and prepared to execute quickly on engagements. Learning fast and delivering results faster is our job.
2) We're larger than we appear. We are small but resourceful. The sum of our parts is larger than just the pieces - we provide actionable work as compared to softer approach of our competitors and wish to take share from them.
3) We have soul and an edge that our competitors lose in their corporate nature (e.g., Our name was inspired by a 1960s rhythm and blues record label).
Style and Concept
WHAT STYLES DO YOU LIKE?
Were aiming for a site thats bold, crisp and clean. Utilitarian flexibility is also important as well; we're seeking a design that can serve as a platform for future integration of social media and news feeds without disturbing the elegance of the initial visual imagery.
We're inspired by bold design and unique, but not distracting, navigation (no flash desired). The design should be easy and interesting to the eye, but should not stand out for odditys sake.
Additionally, we intend to keep our current logo, which is a text image of the company name in the blue color mentioned below.
WHAT COLORS DO YOU LIKE OR HATE?
Our static guidelines include the color palette and branding elements our customers have come to know. These consist of the following colors:
- Blue, pantone 540 U (R = 0, G = 51, B = 102)
- Burnt orange, pantone 471 U (R = 204, G = 102, B = 0)
- Light gray, pantone 402 U (R = 153, G = 153, B = 153)
ANY OTHER ADDITIONAL INFO? (OPTIONAL)
- Landing page should not be text heavy, but should be able to direct and manage the flow of traffic from our different users.
Harvard Graduate School of Design: Clean, easy design with subtle, but useful navigation
Goldman Sachs: Bold, strong design thats easily changeable with smart, well organized navigation.
No Files Added