What do you do?
We develop an analysis and collaboration platform for life scientists. Scientists upload data, analysis data and share/collaborate with other users. Scientists create a study by uploading data files. Then they set up their study by grouping samples and by changing analysis settings. Then they go to the analysis workspace to review graphs and tables. They can also filter data and change graph settings. Finally they export/publish data into a file (word, Powerpoint, Excel).
Do you have a desired website screen size?
1024X768. Application should be usable on iPad
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Life Sciences (or Biotechnology)
Describe the target audience for your website design
Our users are scientists in the life sciences industry. The users are not very technology savvy and would need an very easy to use interface.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1) Ease of use, 2) Trust i.e. they should not hesitate uploading their experiment data to the website, and 3) Next generation look and feel - we are different from anybody else out there.
How is your company different from your competitors?
We are the first company to build a analysis and collaboration platform. Our challenge (and opportunity) would be to convince users to go with a web based solution. Existing analysis applications are desktop based and difficult to use. Also, they are expensive.
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
We like web 2.0 and simple look and feel. A few websites that are similar in concept in our industry: www.nextbio.com and www.dnanexus.com. To see full features, you'll need to register and log on to these sites.
We also like Salesforce Chatter, LinkedIn and Gmail.
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
Cloud colors mainly - sky blue and white.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Elegant, simple and trustworthy.
What content must be included in the website design?
We need 5 pages designed:
1) Home page of the site (need new design) - this page should be a standard web 2.0 home page and include a video about the platform, logo, option to register, and option to login to the application.
2) Home page of the application (Screen shot uploaded - need to propose a new design based on the current functionality): This is the page users see when they login to the application. Our idea is to show the studies the users are working and a feed of what is happening with each study (something like Facebook newsfeed, but for a study). One this home page, they also can see their contacts/collaborators.
3) Analysis page (Screen shot uploaded - need to propose new design based on the current functionality): This is where users analyze their data after data is uploaded. This is the area where users will spend most of their time. They need to have an easy to use interface to navigate graphs and tables, filter data, etc.
4) Pricing and Sign Up page (need new design): Display 4 pricing plans with features and allow user to sign up
5) Community page: (Screen shot uploaded - need new design)This is where users can see other users, search for users and see their contact/profile information.
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
This is our current application link.
You can sign up using your name and e-mail and play around with the app. Select a study from the list of Studies to view analysis space.
No Files Added