What do you do?
Create a rental exchange for lending text books to students.
Please see the attached Powerpoint (Business Background) to understand more about the business. It talks about the two section of people who will be using this site as well as the messages for each section.
Do you have a desired website screen size?
This is the current website:
I would prefer to have a liquid design, rather than a fixed design. This is NOT the most important criteria. The most important criteria is that it has too look good.
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
What is your industry?
Textbooks / Publishing
Describe the target audience for your website design
1. College students
2. Book Sellers/Lenders
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
Messages to college students:
1. No artificial/fixed pricing. Pricing is based on demand and supply. Others stores have fixed pricing.
2. No coupons. No promotions. Spend less time hunting the web for couponsSpend more time studying
3. Book lenders compete for your business
4. Know the condition of the book before you rent. With other book rentals, you do not know what will be the condition of the book that you get.
Messages to Book Sellers/Lenders:
1. Want to get them away from selling textbooks and get them into the business of renting textbooks....this is the future of textbooks.
2. There is more money in renting books than selling books
3. Make them comfortable in renting books....such as, if the student does not return the book, returns the book in a multilateral condition. In such cases, the merchants will be covered under protection plans. (don't want to use the work Insurance for legal reasons). Swellhead has a rental protection plan to save lenders in such scenarios.
4. The only thing they need is Books to rent on Swellhead. Swellhead offers the complete rental platform (including Inventory Management, Tracking, Demand management, etc)
How is your company different from your competitors?
Please see the above section messages.
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
Trendy (but Professional)
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
Colors should be Red, Gray, White and Black
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
1. Each page of the website needs to have a phrase which will tell the Differentiator about my site compared to the competition. This is very important. I will pair the right phrase to the right page and will include it as an attachment to this project.
2. It needs to look as if the website/system is already in business and very successful.
3. Although this website caters to two different kinds of audiences (Students and Book Lenders), it needs to cater to both of them very appropriately. It is almost like Crowdspring in this sense.
What content must be included in the website design?
I need help to make this website look sharper, clean and crisper. I would like to keep the same color theme: Red, Gray, white and Black. The themes are taken from professional sites such as Oracle.com, HSBC.com and Macy.com. However, since this website will also cater to college students, it needs to be TRENDY. I would like this website to look TRENDY as well as PROFESSIONAL by using the web 2.0 concepts.
SCOPE OF WORK:
1. (One Page) I need the home page to be more sharper and crisper.
2. (3-4 Pages) Book details page and one more Ordering Page
3. (One Page) Book registration page.
4. Create images and embed them in the graphics. See the note below on Images/Messages.
5. (4 Pages) Create mockups for the feedback system, dispute resolution system and other missing functionality.
6. (One Page) Help page. Two Sections: One for Students and other for Book Lenders.
7. (One) Email template for all emails: Will be used for Order fulfillment, Order confirmation, standard emails that you would expect from an eCommerce merchant. The content will change, the template will look the same.
IMAGES/MESSAGES: In addition to the web design, you will create very nice graphics such as images attached at the link below. (See the attachment here at Images.7z). About 15 such images need to be created. The purpose of these images is to subliminally sell the differentiators/value prop for the website.
Also, I need to incorporate some standard functionality such as contact phone number, address, etc.
To navigate the website, use the following credentials:
I would prefer (though, not necessary) to keep the same content on each page.
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
Other than the main/home page, I would like to incorporate advertising from Google Adsense to make additional money.
No Files Added