What do you do?
The BroadeningSTEM.org is special project that is funded by NSF. STEM represents Science, Technology, Engineering and Math fields of study.
BroadenSTEM.org seeks to provide direction as the nation rethinks its approach to developing STEM talent. The project will be not only be a clearinghouse of the most comprehensive data on STEM degree production, but will also be a source for discourse and practical dialog around the issue of broadening participation in STEM.
Do you have a desired website screen size?
The site should be designed within normal size of 1024 x 768
How many pages (maximum of 5) do you need designed?
Four pages to include (see wireframe docs): 1) Homepage, 2) Thought Leaders, 3) Interactive Tools, 4) Generic Secondary (Wireframe not available)
What is your industry?
Educational Research (Primarily), Government, Corporations/Foundation, and General Community
Describe the target audience for your website design
The primary audience is researchers, educators, policymakers, community,and corporations who have vested interest in developing U.S. (diverse) STEM talent (minorities, women, and the disabled) .
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your website design
1) BroadenSTEM.org is a clearinghouse of information around STEM degree obtainment.
2) The site will have plenty of interactive features (e.g. dynamic data report tools, interactive timeline of U.S.STEM achievements, and map data drill downs) where visitors can interact and engage data in unprecedented way.
3) Site is to also foster new ideas and be a vessel for dialog (WordPress site with bloging)
Style and Concept
What website design styles do you like?
Web 2.0 clean site that features dynamic tools(e.g. interactive timeline, data charts and maps.
The site should be very clean.
What colors do you want to see in your website design?
We are open to colors for the site. Although the supplied logo is simple in colors wear open to color for the site.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your website design?
We should avoid hot colors like neon or extreme bright orange or greens.
What adjectives should best describe your website design?
Classy and Edgy, Interactive, Clearinghouse (of data), Smart Data, Cleverly Presented (vast data displayed in sophisticated fashion that will allow visitors to easily engage in).
What content must be included in the website design?
1) Timeline image for "Homepage" (we are planning on using www.dipity.com interactive timeline tool). This will be key to the design on the homepage and will be the "wow" factor.
2) Dynamic Data/Interactive Maps we will be using http://www.fusioncharts.com/maps/demos/a... for drill down maps in our "Interactive Tools" section so please design the template under the element constraints of tool.
3) Optional if the main menu items can consist of images to reflect navigation areas (review http://www.sa-pathways.com/)
Do you have additional requirements or links you want to share?
1) Menu Bar of Images: Best implemented by Scientific America Pathways special feature: http://www.sa-pathways.com/
2) Interactive Tools & Maps: Washington Posts coverage of DC School reform (series of interactive tools, articles and images): http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/met...
3) Interactive Data: Knowledge Works 2020 Forecast: Creating the Future of Learning: http://www.futureofed.org/forecast/
4) Interactive Map: Food Web 2020 Interactive Digital Map: http://www.iftf.org/FoodWeb2020/Interact...
5) Interactive Data: McKinsey Quarterly Interactive: http://www.mckinseyquarterly.com/Interac...
No Files Added