LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are betterandgreen, a one-deal-per-day online shop from Germany with a clear focus on sustainable products.
betterandgreen is an online store and community that focuses on selling cool sustainable eco friendly stuff cheap. We sell one item per day until it is sold out or until 24h are up.
We are selling high quality design products that are on the one hand "better" than conventional products and on the other hand are "green", hence they fall in one or more of the following categories (ecological sustainable, environmental friendly, energy saving, sociological sustainable or fair trade).
We are selling eco fashion from companies like Kuyichi, Patagonia, armedangels, Veja, END footware, TOMS Shoes etc.
Energy Saving Gadgets like computers, white goods, and solar chargers, MP3-Players, Solar Bags etc.
Eco or Fair Trade Food like eco wine, fair trade chocolate, trans fair etc.
And a lot of other stuff that falls in to these categories like furniture, designs accessories, toys etc.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need an eco friendly website for a "one deal a day" online shop.
A "one deal a day" concept tries to motivate the customer to buy spontaneous. The customer should not think too much about the product. He should get the feeling: I definitely need this product now!
It must be clear for the customer on the first sight what product we are selling today, how much time is left, how many items (in %) are left, how much the product costs, how much he saves, what makes the product sustainable.
Elements we need:
1. Product: From the feeling it should be like a theater stage where the customers are the audience and the product is the entertainer.
2. Time: We need a countdown clock, where the customers can see how much time they still have to purchase the product.
3. Stock: We need a progress bar. That dynamically what percentage of the products are still left. The bar should be playful and perhaps elements of our logo could be used.
4. Price: The customer shouldn't search for the price. It should be visible on first sight. And the discount (What the customer saves!) should be made very clear.
5. Sustainable Score Card: The customer should see directly what ecological benefits the product offers. This should be made visible using a graphic score card using icons for each benefit. (For an example have a look at greenopia.com.
6. Customer Interaction: We would like to enable our customers to comment on each product and give ratings (1-5 stars)
7. Missed Products: We need to display in one column the products sold/presented in the last 5-7 days.
8. Navigation: We need three to four traditional navigational elements (Archive, Blog, About us etc.)
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
We target the so cold LOHAS or Scuppies (Eco Yuppies). Hedonistic people who like to consume. They are looking for high quality products that are cool and have a focus on design. These are people who buy Apple products, drive a Toyota Prius, and buy their food at Whole Market.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
WOOT - http://www.woot.com
The mother of all "one deal a day" online shops.
FLOCKSTOFF - http://www.flockstoff.com/adt.html
We like how the "one deal a day" elements are arranged and that the design is very simple
APPLE - http://store.apple.com/us
The product is the star. The design of the page underscores the value of the products.
GREENOPIA - http://www.greenopia.com/USA/product_lis...
We like the Greenopia Product Scorecard
PATAGONIA - http://www.patagonia.com/web/eu/product/...
Very structured. Focus on products. Great Product Pictures.
DISTORTED PEOPLE - http://www.distortedpeople.de/
Another approach to the "one deal a day" concept we like very much.
SHOEGURU - http://shoeguru.ca/shop_men.php
They have taken the "product is the star" approach to the max.
SOUND PROVISIONS - http://www.soundprovisions.net/
One of our favorites. We wont use flash, but we like how products are displayed.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
The shop design must incorporate our logo, which you'll find in the file section to the left.
We absolutely need the above mentioned "one deal a day" elements:
focus on product
stock progress bar
price & discount
sustainable score card
No Files Added