LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Mediafly is like Pandora for audio and video content.
You can subscribe to web shows and podcasts and then link your favorite devices to Mediafly so that you have all your shows, anywhere, anytime, on any device.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need 2 things that work together:
1) a play/add button for use on Mediafly.com and our media partner portals.
2) A pop up helping everyday non-techie people know how to subscribe to shows via Mediafly (and providing advanced users easy access to the options they expect)
(see attached images)
- This button needs to be flexible so that it can work vertically or horizontally
- Needs to be a small form factor
- Needs to convey that users can get this show via Mediafly, iTunze, Zune, and other options they may not know they can get shows on, such as Logitech, Roku, chumby, etc.
- Needs to make sense to a non-techie person (i.e. why should I push this button?)
(see attached images)
- Include show details (e.g. image, title)
- Provide a method to select the format desired (most people will just take the default but some may want advanced selections... audio (mp3), audio (aac), video (h.264), video (large), video (small), etc...)
- A clearly defined action item (e.g. button) which allows them to get the show via Mediafly
- Sell the value of mediafly: demonstrate that by using Mediafly you get iTunes, Zune, RSs, as well ass direct access to lots of other devices (e.g. cover flow of all supported devices)
- other subscribe options for advanced users. We want them to use mediafly but if they have a way they like already and don't want to change we need to make that easy (see attached)
- provide some quick info (e.g. "help, what now?" or "3 ways to use Mediafly..." type thing).
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Everyday users browsing a media website, e.g. NBC or CNN and want to get their favorite shows on-demand on their favorite devices.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Clean, stylish, simple designs of Hulu
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
* The design must be very clean, simple, and stylish. It needs to look good on a major media website. So, the colors, etc. need to be fairly neutral.
* The design needs to reinforce the Mediafly method of getting this show and encourage people who may not have heard of Mediafly to choose that route. But it should not be annoying to people who don't want to change their habbits and want to do it the old way (e.g. direct RSS subscriptions).
No Files Added