LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
I am a screen printer in charge of creating t-shirts for an artisanal hand-crafted wooden bowl maker. The shirts will serve many purposes: conversation piece, marketing item and community building.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
I need a high-quality design (in .eps or .ai format) for the t-shirts. I really want the shirt to be able to stand on its own graphically (NOT a boring marketing t-shirt that no one ever wears). I want people to like wearing the design whether they are associated with the bowl-maker or not.
The main themes of this shirt are:
- "I Am Bowl" - this can be typed or conveyed visually. This phrase is both a proclamation of BOLDNESS as well as related to the act of bowl-making. It is meant to make people inquire more, eg. "what does that even mean?!".
2. Goals of the shirt:
- conversation piece
- cool factor
- "less is more" (stylistically I do not want the shirts to be too busy)
3. Inspirations / Stylistic Influences
- The simplicity of the Black Dog
- "got milk?"
- melting pot
- domestic/exotic (can use correspondingly source wood to convey this)
- different shapes and sizes and types of woods which combine to create an image
- wood tones
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
"I am" is a phrase that will initially resonate with many of the people in my clients religious community. But we think the phrase "I am bowl" is abstractly cool enough to draw interest from a wide variety of people - and we expect the winning design to be encompass a wide audience.
WE LIKE THESE EXAMPLES:
The Black Dog (Nantucket); got milk? (National Ad Campaign), anything simple yet powerful!
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR PIECE:
Your submission should include your design close-up (not on t-shirt) and also a digital mock-up demonstrating how you imagine it being positioned on a t-shirt. Only vector art will be accepted.
Please limit your design to a maximum of 3 spot colors (keep in mind that different transparencies of the same base color are considered different colors in screen printing). Simplicity is a focus and we won't be printing gradients or half-tones for this job. Please use the color of the shirt as a "fourth color". Also, the 3 (or less!) colors should be easy to separate in Illustrator.
No Files Added