David Eccles School of Business
What do you do?
This is for the "Working Professionals Masters Series" - a collection of graduate programs from the David Eccles School of Business at the University of Utah. There are four specific degrees:
- Masters of Accounting
- Masters of Science in Finance
- Masters of Information Systems
- Masters of Real Estate Development
How many pages of print design do you need?
This is for the back or side of a bus.
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
Media: transit ad on back of a bus.
- Half Back: 84w x 52h
- Full Back: 84w x 104h
- see accompanying files for layout.
What is your industry?
Education - University - Graduate Level
Describe the target audience for your print design
Working professionals (late 20s) who are college graduates with typically a few years of experience; they want to go back to school to get a Masters degree while they continue to work.
Objective: generate interest and contacts from the target audience
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
Straight forward communication that the Univ. of Utah has four graduate programs for the working professionals; along with a call to action.
- if used, the University of Utah logo must be as defined by the university; see http://ucomm.utah.edu/logos/downloads.ht...
- the business school logo is attached and covers off requirements 1 and 2 listed below.
- the call to action and URL must be clearly portrayed
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
- high-impact graphical and attention getting
- impact can be in color, text or imagery or combination
- contemporary, innovative as opposed to staid and traditional
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
- color palette should be strong and attention .
- For an example see Mary Calkins "En Todo el Mundo I" and the enclosed image of the campus/mountains for a potential set of colors
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
Out of consideration will be pastels or soft sets as well as the garish or shocking.
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
Innovative, attention grabbing, prestigious.
Request: the enclosed mountain picture has been used to good effect in the past; consideration will be given to designs that rework it to have more visually impact - for example colors, posterize, abstraction, etc. are possibilities.
How will you use the print design?
Need: design(s) that communicate the above points in an interesting, contemporary way. These designs will be used in multiple settings, e.g. bus, train transit ads, print placements, coffee cups, etc. It will be considered as a branding element for the "Working Professional Masters Series"
What content must be included in the print design?
Required elements to be included in text or logos:
1. University of Utah
2. David Eccles School of Business
3. Working Professional Masters Series
4. Specific programs as above (can drop the Masters of.. ) if listing out beside/below the "Working Professional Masters Series"
5. Call to action - text can be along the lines of "Apply Now" or "Accepting Applications"
6. URL, e.g. utah.edu/xxxx
No Files Added