The Second City Theatre Company
What do you do?
The Second City is an award-winning comedy theatre that presents live improv and sketch comedy shows at our resident stages in Chicago and Toronto, as well as on tour throughout North America. We are currently seeking a design concept for advertising our new sketch comedy production , entitled "Live Wrong and Prosper", that will be staged in Toronto beginning in March 2012.
How many pages of print design do you need?
One poster concept required. Creatives are welcome (but not required) to submit alternate versions or adaptations for other formats
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
We are looking for a "concept" poster (32" X 48" ), which our in-house team would subsequently adapt for many other print and online formats, including print ads, large posters, and online ads. Creatives are welcome (but not required) to submit alternate versions of their design concept, adapted for other common formats (e.g. web banner)
What is your industry?
Theatre, Live Entertainment
Describe the target audience for your print design
Broad Audience. Men & Women, aged 20 - 55, with moderate disposable incomes. Fun-seekers. Includes (a) residents of Toronto, Canada, as well as (b) American Tourists and (c) corporate groups.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
* NOTE: although the show's title, "Live Wrong and Prosper", is a play on the Vulcan credo from Star Trek, we wish this art design to appeal to The Second City's broad audience, and not only Sci-Fan enthusiasts. The design may (or may not) incorporate a visual allusion to Star-Trek, but it is more important that the design concept reflect and depict the title's humorous, satiric relevance to such contemporary hot topics as the elite 1%, Wall Street greed, white collar criminals, and morally-deficient reality show stars who will do anything to get rich and famous.
* This is a fun, humourous, satirical show, poking fun at elements of contemporary pop culture.
* Quality, professional live entertainment from a trusted, critically acclaimed production company (The Second City)
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
* Movie / Broadway posters
* Skewed, ironic adaptations of iconic, recognized images.
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
Bold, strong colours.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
* satirical, ironic, amusing
* fun, up-beat,
* professional, high-quality.
How will you use the print design?
This is a concept design. We will adapt for various uses, including print ads, posters, transit ads, and online ads
What content must be included in the print design?
* The Second City logo (script)
* The title of our new show: "Live Wrong and Prosper"
* Space for basic box office / ticket information: ticket prices ($24 - 29), phone number, website, facebook / twitter logos.
* An ironic / humourous twist, to indicate this is show is satirical.
* The Second City frequently incorporate an original group photo of our six cast members, but this is not required if it is not supported by the concept design. (May use a stand-in photo featuring anonymous people for this concept design)
No Files Added