BioMed Publishing Group
What do you do?
Publish books on Lyme disease for doctors and patients.
How many pages of print design do you need?
One book cover including front, back, and spine.
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
Book trim size will be 6.69" wide and 9.61" tall with a .125" bleed around all sides.
Spine width: 1.1"
You need to be willing to tweak the spine width in the wrap-up as I finalize the page count.
ALSO, in wrap-up, I will need 2 different sizes for 2 different printers.
I may also need a few text tweaks and edits in wrap-up period. For example the "blurb" I'm including is only a sample blurb and I need the actual blurb to be inserted in a few weeks.
What is your industry?
Health Care and Biotech
Describe the target audience for your print design
Lyme Disease patients and doctors. People who are trying to heal from Lyme disease and want to learn about new treatments.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
- I DO NOT want a cheesy Lyme disease book cover with a tick sitting in grass. That cover has been used a million times. I want something clean, professional, creative, and unique. You can see the other books I publish at www.lymebook.com to get an idea of the kinds of covers I like.
- The author of the book (Bryan Rosner) is famous in this industry, so I want his name to be prominent and the two pictures of the author that I'm attaching to be prominent.
- The cover should be PROFESSIONAL and unique, not warm and fuzzy and touchy-feely. It should look like a New York Times bestselling medical book.
This book is my biggest competitor: http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cant-Get-Bette...
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
I generally like white backgrounds for book covers, but you can deviate from that if you have a good idea. See my other book covers at www.lymebook.com to get an idea of other books we've published. Of course I'm open to a black or colored background IF it is a good idea that you have!
I am open to a "nature scene" with a forest, mountains, meadow, etc, but I must tell you that I PROBABLY WILL NOT LIKE THAT unless it is very clean, professional, and not cheesy. Up to you if you want to try it, but it could be a risky design if I don't like it!
I am open to a more subtle, subdued design too, using grays and blacks and lighter colors, if you think that is a better choice. I'm very open to considering many approaches.
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
I am open to any colors, including a bright and eye-catching orange, or the blue similar to CrowdSpring's blue color (sky blue?), or a forest-green. Red is OK as a highlight. Please browse www.lymebook.com to get an idea of the colors / books / designs I have used in the past. You don't have to match those designs, but you'll see what I like.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
I do not want any feminine colors... no pinks, etc. No brown. No pastels unless they are masculine.
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
professional, clean, smart, creative, unique, showcasing Bryan Rosner (the author), hopeful, masculine, exciting, medical.
How will you use the print design?
Book cover for new Lyme disease book called "Freedom From Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery"
What content must be included in the print design?
I'm attaching a Word document and some other files. The cover design must include:
- Title and subtitle
- Foreword by Jon Sterngold, MD
- (in small letters) Edited by Kim Junker
- Quote from Dr. Horowitz (the quote on the Word doc is a sample quote, I'll have the real one to you later).
- Possibly some art, colors, or design elements to be determined by you the designer
- Back cover text and author bio (see Word file)
- Bar Code
- websites (see Word file)
- I am including two bio pictures. Use the one with Bryan Rosner's face, FOR SURE. The mountain biking picture can be used if you like it... maybe crop it into a tall, narrow, vertical picture and put it on the back cover up against the spine? If you do use the mountain biking picture, it needs to have the following caption: "Freedom from Lyme disease! Bryan Rosner mountain biking in the Sierra Nevada Mountains." If possible I think it would be cool to use this picture becuase it is NOT a stock picture, it is an ACTUAL picture of the author, Bryan Rosner, mountain biking. It also communicates the theme of the book... "Freedom from Lyme Disease." You could do a fade on the picture or somehow merge it into the rest of the cover.
- I am open to other pictures you find (stock photography) but please no cheesy ticks on grass and no person standing at the top of a mountain with their fists in the air.... cheesy cheesy cheesy! Stick to sleek, professional, etc. I could be OK with a nature scene IF it is not cheesy and IF it is done professionally and looks good.
SPINE: Full book title, author name (Bryan Rosner), and publishing company logo (attached)
No Files Added