LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
I am working with a great 29 year-old co-author on a book for both college undergrads and graduates to help them get "Smart Starts" in life by learning and leveraging the tools of LinkedIn.
From my company, 50% of all the proceeds I earn as a co-author will go toward an initiative I created to help young professionals get better starts in their careers. This will be my 12th book and we want to make it a great one with your help.
This project, of course, is a work for hire but we will promote you in the book as the author to help you gain more exposure if that is also something you would like to see happen.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
The title is: Graduate to LinkedIn: Jumpstart Your Career Network Now
Authors: John Fowler and Melissa Giovagnoli
When I think about the cover--front and back, please, of our book, I envision the following:
* The title in red or blue college-style letters like we discussed (probably not for the subtitle though)
* An image of a group of students in their graduation gowns celebrating and throwing their caps into the air OR
* A subtle shadowing figure of a graduate in a gown or at least an image of a graduation cap OR
* An image of Graduation Caps flying through the air (see Congratulations on Your Graduation cover below)
* Possibly an image of a beautiful college campus in the fall
* Finally, we need to include the LinkedIn symbol "IN" on the cover somewhere or on the book edge with its TM mark.
Also note that the size of the book will be 6x9 so please adjust your design accordingly.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience includes both undergraduates and graduates from college or even high school--anyone who wants to start using a professional online community to help get "better jobs faster."
WE LIKE THESE EXAMPLES:
Here are links to some of the other LinkedIn and social media books (my personal favorite covers) we may be able to draw some ideas from. Check out the last one: Congratulations on Your Graduation. This would make a really cool background for the cover, but, of course, we want something different--think "out of the box!"
How to REALLY use LinkedIn
How to Find a Job on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and other Social Networks
How to Succeed in Business Using LinkedIn
LinkedWorking: Generating Success on LinkedIn the Worlds Largest Professional Networking Website
Me 2.0: Build a Powerful Brand to Achieve Career Success
Getting from College to Career
How to Survive the Real World: Life After Graduation
Congratulations on Your Graduation
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR PIECE:
It needs to imply the graduation aspect, but we also do want to note that graduates could be graduates of any age.
So many people get on LinkedIn and are confused or on Facebook so we want to really showcase the "move forward-move up" to a professional platform on LinkedIn.
Finally, we really want to use College Style Font in the copy.
No Files Added