LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
WISH4 Fairtrade sells a range of Fairtrade certified food, including snacks, drinks, baked goods and more. Based in Ireland, initial sales are in UK/Ireland, and this will expand across Europe and the USA.
The market for Fairtrade is big in Europe already, and now growing in the US as, for example, Starbucks doubles it purchases of Fairtrade coffee this year.
Fairtrade guarentees developing world producers of coffee, tea, cocoa, sugar, certain fruit, cotton, nuts, etc a fair price. The grower communities also have to invest a Fairtrade premium in community projects such as water supply, schools, hygiene.
Our aim is also to reinvest 50% of our profits into specific grower enterprises.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
First we need a design concept to use across the entire product range.. A board with an example of each product type (5) is the first step. This award is only for that step.
Then we need a series of 18 pieces of finished ready for printer artwork.
The products are:-
1) A range of 4 x 50g savoury peanuts. Unsalted, Salted and 2 other flavours. Packed in bags, approx 10cm high x 7cm wide.
2) A range of 4 x 40g cereal bars. Recipes suited to nutritional needs at certain time of day. Breakfast (oaty), Lunch (carbs, filling), Tea (luxury treat), Late (light, calming). Packed in individual wrappers bars measure 3.5cm high x 13cm across, then packed in counter display cartons holding 30. Also in printed cartons of 5 bars, 15cm high x 13cm across x 3.5cm deep.
3) A range of 5 x 200g bags of confectionery/candy. Crumbly Mint Balls, Vanilla Fudge, Liquorice & Blackcurrant, Buttermints, Calypso Fruits. Packed in bags 15cm high x 15cm across.
4) A 400g confectionery assortment carton containing the previous 5 types and 5 others. Packed in a carton 15cm high x 15cm wide, tapering at the top like a handbag.
5) A range of 4 chocolate bars (50g Milk & Plain/100g Milk & Plain). Packed in paper wrappers. Small - 11cm across x 3.5cm high x 1.5cm, and large 8cm across x 12cm high x 0.5cm. Sold in counter display carton holding 25 small widthways, or 12 large upright.
Although the range must be recognisable as a single brand, the different sub groups compete differently in their own categories. Eg nuts are an impulsive snack, cereal bars are healthy/natural, candy is a family treat, chocolate is a personal indulgence.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
The ethical consumer, often female, age 20-40. Colleges and universities are BIG on Fairtrade as well !
Fairtrade products command a 10-15% premium for obvious reasons, but are not necessarily a luxury.
The products need to stand up well visually against regular grocery brand leaders. And at a premium to stores own brands.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Ben & Jerry www.benjerry.com they have Fairtrade ice cream already.
Green & Blacks www.greenandblacks.com luxury UK chocolate
Heinz www.heinz.com because it all sits together across many categories
Dorset Cereals, nice color pallet. Quality feel. www.dorsetcereals.co.uk
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Prominent brand logo. See attached file.
The Fairtrade logo on the front face of all packs. See www.fairtrade.org.uk for examples of how to apply it, and attached file.
(Many Fairtrade products use growers personal stories/images to communicate the message.)
A clear explanation of the Fairtrade concept, and the WISH4 values of great taste, caring and friendliness.
Designs need to allow space for bar code, nutritional information, and ingredients.
No Files Added