Pixmac Microstock Photography
What do you do?
Pixmac is a leading microstock stock photography company licencing a selection of over 11 million budget pictures via our website www.pixmac.com. We are a global company.
How many pages of print design do you need?
We need 1 page - AO poster (for direct mail use)
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
A0 - Poster size direct mail piece (please see attached jpeg for poster size). We want something that a person would put up on their wall in their office or studio.
What is your industry?
Stock Photography, Microstock, Graphic Design, Web Design, New Media
Describe the target audience for your print design
We licence microstock (stock photography) imagery to a broad range of people - graphic designers, art directors, creative directors, small business owners, internal corporate marketing departments, website designers, magazine designers, bloggers etc. etc. - basically where anyone needs a great image (in the majority of cases for print or website use).
We want to produce a really cool poster that could be sent out as a direct mail piece, given away at a trade show, or used in client meetings etc.. (and also put on our own office walls!)
Pixmacs brand message is really about trying to become a useful day-to-day tool for people who source and use budget stock photography as well as represent the photographers to the best of our abilities.
Were a young, fresh start-up, and a forward thinking company. Were informal and all we really care about and helping other designers around the world do the best work they can within what seems like ever shrinking budgets.
Background about us to help you out!
11 million pictures, so plenty of choice
A really user friendly interface
Fast page upload speeds
Great Customer service
New media savvy
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
The design can be anything creative but 3 things that we might try and communicate are:
1. We have the content on our site that people need (we have 11 million budget images!)
2. We are a young fresh, dynamic company
3. We understand other graphic designers, and would like to produce something they themselves would like to have up on their walls - day-in-day out to inspire and/or amuse them !
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
We don't mind - BE CREATIVE! A montage of images would be cool perhaps. This poster needs to be something people will see and think 'that is cool - I am gunna pin it up on my wall!'. Something that another designer would see on a wall and say 'hey - where did you get that? I want one of those!'
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
Our branding colours are pink, grey and white - but it doesn't really matter. Take a look at www.pixmac.com to get a feel for who and what we are.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
not applicable for this project.
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
cool, fresh, hip, visually stunning, great photography, engaging, young, relevant, current, trend setting
How will you use the print design?
The direct mail poster will be sent out to customers in the North American market - USA and Canada, as well as put up in our own offices! The winner will also be sent a poster to put in their studio/office!
What content must be included in the print design?
1. The images MUST (repeat MUST) be sourced from www.pixmac.com - please use our comping images with watermarks for the design BUT make a note of the image codes/reference numbers of ALL images used. The winner will need to supply these as part of the process.
2. We will send the high-resolution files selected to the winner to create the final art.
3. Please DO NOT (repeat DO NOT) select any of our 'premium' images for this project - use only 'budget' images. (there are about 11 million budget images to chose from)
No Files Added