The Concord Consortium
What do you do?
The Concord Consortium, Inc. (http://www.concord.org) is an independent, nonprofit research and development organization that seeks to improve education by harnessing the best of educational technology. We work at the national and international levels providing low-cost, innovative solutions to pressing educational problems.
How many pages of print design do you need?
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
8.5 x 11
What is your industry?
Educational Technology Innovation
Describe the target audience for your print design
Educators and researchers in educational technology, 20s-50s, middle-to-high-income, well educated, interested in cutting-edge technology and its applications
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
1. We are the global thought leaders in educational technology innovation for science and math. 2. We make and research great software that is free and open source. 3. Teachers and researchers can use our software in their classrooms and labs right now.
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
We like styles that are clean, modern and innovative. We like the print newsletters available at http://www.pragprog.com/magazines. This journal appeals to us because it is clean and includes lots of white space. It also has an interesting list of feature article types.
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
Our developing palette includes the colors # EB8723 # F4B626 # F9EEC1 # FFFFFF # 75A643 # 3A878B # 8CBBB8 # BDDFDF.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
Bold red and black should be avoided.
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
Innovative, fun, warm/inviting, cutting-edge without being standoffish, kid-like while still remaining professional. Our newsletter should feel as if it's providing the news of tomorrow while not also feeling as if its design will be dated in 1-2 years.
How will you use the print design?
Our current newsletter is delivered in print (10,000) copies and online. The newsletter is mailed to teachers, educational administrators, plus educational R&D institutions, and our funding agencies, including the National Science Foundation.
What content must be included in the print design?
* The Concord Consortiums website is currently being updated (see links at http://creative.isitedesign.us/concord/)... so the new newsletter design should complement the updated website.* The newsletter has been called @Concord.org, though with the new design, we will drop the .org, so the title will be @Concord.
* The tagline should be incorporated in the new design Realizing the Educational Promise of Technology.
* The new design should be designed to be in full color.
* The design should include our company logo has several embedded colors and can be found at http://www.concord.org/about/graphics/
* The proposed design should include the following items (as PDF files):
1. Sample newsletter cover page
2. One sample representative inside page
3. One double-page spread
No Files Added