What do you do?
A company specializing in anti-aging supplements, including formulations for brain and joint health.
How many pages of print design do you need?
List the size requirement(s) for your print design
2.5 in. high by 7 inches wide, resolution 600ppi, delivered as a layered CMYK PSD, with as many elements on separate layers as possible.
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your print design
Our target demographic is people age 40-80 who are health conscious and interested in fighting the effects of aging and taking care of themselves. Our target customer appreciates quality and a strong brand name, and doesn't mind paying a premium price for a truly premium product.
What 3 things would you like to communicate to your audience through your print design?
1) Ryadene is an upscale brand, like something you would find in a Swiss health spa
2) Ryadene is a specialty formulated brand of supplements that specifically targets the effects of age-related degeneration
3) Ryadene is a brand you can trust
Style and Concept
What print design styles do you like?
A design that is clean, sleek, conveys class and style, no bright or bold colors. No gimmicks. A design that looks timeless. I uploaded a very rough design I whipped up in MS Paint (lol). DO NOT feel too hemmed in by it, but maybe use it as a starting point to springboard off. If you immediately think you have a good design of your own, I encourage you to submit that instead. I am not a designer (clearly), so I defer to you, the experts.
What colors do you want to see in your print design?
Gray, white, black, navy blue. Maybe some earth tones. Nothing too ostentatious. Keep it classy looking. This is not something that you would find being sold in a gas station.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your print design?
Pink, bright red, neon, orange, etc... Nothing that relies on color and flash to grab the eye.
What adjectives should best describe your print design?
Classy, clean, sleek, art deco, European, upscale, premium, quality
How will you use the print design?
This will be a label for a nutritional supplement, and will wrap around the bottle. All the graphics must be done in the middle 1/3 portion of the label. The two sides must be left blank except for background graphics for nutrition and product info to go in. In terms of dimensions, think of a dollar bill. You would be designing the middle portion with Washington's portrait, not the sides.
What content must be included in the print design?
THIS IS A VERY DETAILED SUMMARY:
We are looking to have a label and logo made for a new line of anti-aging nutritional supplements. In terms of the general look of the label, we want it to convey an upscale, health spa-like, European luxury brand. We want the label to immediately pop out and convey a sense of premium quality along with exclusivity, but not gaudiness. Think along the lines of something that would not look out of place on the shelf of a doctor at an exclusive Swiss health spa. We're thinking bright colors should be avoided in favor of more calming and elegant-looking earth tones, but are open to any color scheme as long as it adheres to the general principles outlined above and the specific guidelines below:
1) The company name Ryadene should be top and center of the label, with smaller descriptor text immediately beneath it reading "The Anti-Aging Co." (no quotation marks). Ideally the name Ryadene would be accentuated with a simple accompanying graphic that would help to convey the nature of the company (anti-aging). One idea we had was to work in an infinity symbol, perhaps integrating them with the two e's (ene) at the end of Ryadene. The general appearance of the Ryadene name should convey quality, competence and trust. But be creative here, there's a lot of latitude in terms of color, design, font, caps (maybe RYADENE would look best? Up to the designer), etc...
2) Under the Ryadene logo and on the left 2/3 of the middle portion of the label, we want a large, stylized number 54. This is the most important part of the design and should be large and distinct enough (in both the appearance of the font and the choice of color) to immediately draw the eye. The numeral 54 should be in a script font (or hand drawn) that conveys a feeling of elegance, almost as if it were written in calligraphy. Immediately above the numeral 54, in a much smaller but identical script writing, is the word "formula" (no quotes). Both formula and 54 should probably be in the same color (although again we defer to the experts) and most importantly should have a strong contrast with whatever background color is utilized. I cannot emphasize enough the importance of "formula 54" appearing distinct, elegant, and immediately drawing the eye of the viewer.
3) On the right 1/3 of the label, next to the formula 54 graphic, simple text with the description of the function of the supplement. In this case it is "Brain Health" (no quotes). The color and font are up to the designer, but some contrast with the formula 54 logo should probably be present, either in the form of a different color and font, and/or some kind of graphical break between the two sections, such as dividing lines or a box around the text. Be creative.
4) At the bottom of the center of the label "Dietary Supplement" and "90 Capsules" (no quotes) should appear in opposing corners, D.S on the left and 90 Caps on the right.
5) This is a supplement label and will hence wrap around a bottle. Your design will primarily focus on the middle (front) section of the label, featuring the company name brand and the name of the specific product. The front, center of the label with the Ryadene, formula 54 and Brain Health graphics should account for approximately 1/3 of the total width of the 7 inch label, with the two outer areas each accounting for 1/3 as well. However, the left and right sides of the label should have the background graphics and color scheme extended out to them. These areas will later be filled with text and overlay detailing the specific nutritional information and product description as mandated by the FDA.
6) Final Delivery: Winning design should be delivered as a layered CMYK PSD, with as many elements on separate layers as possible. Please specify any fonts used. Size should be 2.5 in. high by 7 inches wide, resolution 600ppi.
No Files Added