LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
My client is a growing business in the mobile industry. They allow resellers to sign up and get an own-branded product to resell in various world-wide markets. As part of an initiative to better support these resellers, my client would like to provide them with a pool of marketing collateral they each use with their own brands and colour schemes.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need templates for one Word brochure and one PowerPoint presentation. The layouts should be simple, because each reseller needs to be able to:
* Drop in their own photos in the designated spaces
* Drop in their own logo in the designated spaces
* Re-colour the design elements to match their own branding
Imagine, if you will, a fairly generic PowerPoint template where people will be taking say a red rectangle in the footer and re-colouring it with the paint bucket tool to blue to match their blue logo. Fell free to get as elaborate as you want, but the ability to simply re-colour is the critical requirement here.
In terms of imagery: hands on phones, people using PDAs or iPhones, happy office workers - anything around the concepts of worldwide voice and data communications. We are happy to license any of the photos laid out in your templates if you can provide me with the iStock image numbers.
EXAMPLE: I have uploaded a PowerPoint I attempted for this. It's not terrible in that it ticks all of the above boxes but it isn't going to win any awards, either. Having no idea how to create a matching brochure based on this concept, I have given up and am handing over to you.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
The target audience is varied. Although these resellers are all selling the same product, each reseller has their own brand and they all look wildly different. They sell to different markets (direct to consumers, or business to business) and they sell in different countries.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Pretty much anything from Stock Layouts. Something along the lines of the free Brochure in the Samples section would be nice, although obviously we're going to have to work with simpler, re-colourable shapes here.
Keep in mind: the fewer colours we work with, the fewer items they need to re-colour, and the fewer opportunities they have to create truly horrendous colour combinations :)
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
* Editable .PPT presentation - one intro slide, one inside page.
* Editable .DOC brochure - cover, two inside pages, rear cover
* DOC should be delivered in both letter and A4 sizes
* Widely supported, cross platform typography - Arial, Trebuchet, Verdana, Yawn
* Logo space must be white - Trust me, these people WILL not be able to recolour the JPGs they will be dropping in from their websites.
* Photos must be standard iStock proportions - Trust me, these people WILL NOT be able to crop.
No Files Added