LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
We are the leading importer of Argentine wines in the US. We own a wine brand called Budini. Budini is an existing line of delicious, everyday drinking wines produced in Mendoza, Argentina and only available in the US. Budini wines are line-priced at $11 and offer an amazing value.
The line currently consists of Chardonnay, Malbec, and Cabernet Sauvignon. Other varietals may be considered in the future.
Budini was initially named after the rare and beautiful wild pampas cat of Argentina, Oncifelis colocolo budini, and explains the cat that currently adorns all Budini labels. (see attached brief for label shot, or visit http://www.vineconnections.com/viewprodu...
The Budini wines are produced at Dominio del Plata (DdP) winery in Mendoza, Argentina. DdP is owned by Susana Balbo and her own brands include Susana Balbo Signature, Crios, BenMarco, and Nosotros. Susanas son, Jos, is the winemaker for Budini and is a recent graduate of UC Daviss winemaking program (considered the pinnacle in US wine education). He now is able to begin his lifelong dream of becoming a winemaker in one of the hottest wine regions in the world.
DdP is an ISO 22000-certified winery (rigorous audited standards for food safety in 72 countries) and employs sustainable grape-growing and winemaking practices, e.g., no pesticides or fertilizers are used in the vineyards, though they are not certified organic.
DdP is also a socially responsible organization having established the Dominio del Plata Foundation that offers educational assistance to winery worker families. A portion of Budini sales will be donated to this foundation.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Starting in 2010, Budini wines will be re-positioned and re-packaged to better reflect the eco-friendly and socially responsible nature of these wines. The retail price will remain at $11/bottle.
The wine will come in a 100% recycled/recyclable glass bottle. The label will be printed on 100% recycled/recyclable paper. Eco-friendly ink will be used on both labels and cartons. The bottle closure will be either recycled/recyclable cap or natural cork, no plastic.
The first package component slated for re-design is the front label. Please submit 3 different label concepts based on the information above and the guidelines below by Friday, November 19th.
New Front Label Guidelines
1. Brand, varietal and vintage should be visible. Please use Malbec as the varietal on your label.
2. Should be eye-catching, bold, contemporary, edgy. Can be kitschy but cool. (Check out http://www.thecoolist.com/amazing-wine-l... for some inspiration if needed!) The market for $10-$15 wine is very competitive so a label that jumps off the shelf is a necessity.
3. Please avoid using the following traditional/stereotypical images or visual references: gauchos, tango, cats or any other animal, vines, grapes, Argentine flag or its components, mountains.
4. Avoid use of the color green or kraft paper brown since these are common packaging colors for many eco-friendly products.
5. Font styles should be modern and easy to read, no script or loopy lettering.
6. There are no limitations on label shape as long as it can be applied to a standard wine bottle using a self-adhesive label.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
No Files Added