What do you do?
For over 50 years, IEWC has worked with our customers to offer complete solutions for their wire, cable and wire management needs. IEWC's "Your Team" approach offers an unparalleled customer experience that will support the success of your project and help to ensure the growth of your company.
In other words, IEWC is a global distributor of wire, cable, and wire management products. We are looking to begin offering branded, private-label products as part of our overall catalog of products to our customers.
Do you require that a .COM or other URL be available for the new name?
I will accept a .com with an acceptable variation on the exact name
What is your industry?
Describe your audience
Electrical engineers and purchasing agents in OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) or Sub-Assembly (Contract Manufacturers who build a sub-component solution for an OEM) companies who are looking to source wire, cable, or wire management (cable ties, sleeving, labels, terminals, etc.) products to be utilized within their products.
Common industry verticals include: Industrial, Commercial and Agricultural Automotive, Telecommunications, Aerospace/Defense, Marine, Hybrid Vehicles, Wind/Solar Power, and Broadcast Communications.
What 3 things do you want your product name to communicate to your audience?
IEWC is a distributor who is looking to begin to offer their own branded, private-label products. So this product line name will be used to brand new products that we place in the market as a competitive alternative to other products we are distributors for. Part of what sets us apart is that by being a distributor we have a far better understanding of our customer's needs and challenges than the wire & cable manufacturers who rely on distribution to be that touchpoint with their customers.
* Needs to reflect IEWC's company brand perception of being industry experts in the area of Wire & Cable, and that these products reflect our ability to identify great value that meets our customers needs because we understand them so intimately (think "Sam's Choice" type connotation for a private-label brand).
* Fundamentally these products provide CONNECTIVITY. Wires and cables provide connections to transmit data or power.
* Speak to quality, durability and reliability. Do not want the brand to be positioned as low cost, low quality alternative that is only attractive due to its price point.
* We want to market and sell solutions that leave customers feeling confident, trusted, and satisfied with their purchase decision and the products performance,
List the names of your top three competitor products
Other competitor's private label brands include (company name in parentheses) include:
* Olflex Connect (Lapp)
* Thermazone (Carlisle)
* EcoGen, Xtra-Guard, Alpha Essentials, AlphaConnect, Coast (Alphawire)
* DriveFlex, SuperFlex (Lutze)
* DuraLife, DuraFlex, DuraBlend (Radix)
What character, tenor or spirit do you wish to convey?
Professional and Knowledgable, but Approachable as a company that is customer- and employee-focused (not a big faceless corporation).
Are there any words or phrases you like?
Inclusion of Connect or some synonym of it, or a concept that clearly paints it (nature, mythology, constellation names, etc.)
We can not use "Durability" (due to competitive reasons above), but that concept and synonyms of it.
Concepts around this being hand-picked for our customers, so terms like "Select", "Choice", "Essentials", "Prime",
Concepts around Trust/Confidence: "Tru", "Qual", "Perma"
Are there specific words or phrases you don't like?
Need to steer clear of competitive brands and concepts.
Nothing that comes off as too comical (puns, etc.)
Would prefer to avoid an Acronym, as our company name is an acronym.
Do you want to include additional info?
Copper is the primary component of most wire and cable, so exploring concepts around copper could lead to interesting results as well. For example, "Cyprus" is known as the "island of copper", "Patina" is the name of the copper color of the Statue of Liberty, etc.
Our company logo/brand is also RED in color, so could explore incorporating that color into the name.
No Files Added