What does your company do?
We are two conservation non-profit organizations merging together with the goal of protecting native biodiversity in the Southern Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission is to protect, connect, and restore wildlife and wildlands. We work primarily in the geographic area of Colorado, Southern Wyoming, Eastern Utah, and Northern New Mexico. Our previous names were Colorado Wild and Center for Native Ecosystems.
Our organizational goals include:
1. Maintain the diversity of species in our region
2. Greatly reduce the rate of extinction
3. Protect a representative range/assortment of ecological communities
4. Maintain and restore a connected landscape for wildlife
5. Restore and sustain viable populations of key species
6. Build public and political support for our mission through education, outreach, and advocacy
Do you require that a .COM or other URL be available for the new name?
We require that a .org URL be available for the new name.
What is your industry?
We are a conservation non-profit. We use the best available science to protect native biodiversity in Colorado and the Greater Southern Rockies.
Describe your customers
Our target audience is high school age and above. We appeal to those with an environmental ethic, and/or with a soft spot for wildlife, plants, and their iconic habitats in our region. Our members most likely love the outdoors and being active, and are relatively well educated.
What 3 things do you want your company name to communicate to your customers?
1. Evoke an emotional response. Make them understand the importance of work, and drive them to support us!
2. Conveys a sense of action. The name should indicate that we are an effective conservation organization, and will use gentle force if needed in order to protect the wildlife, plants, and wildlands we care so deeply about.
3. Conveys our geography. (Colorado, Southern Wyoming, Eastern Utah, Northern New Mexico)
List the names of your top three competitors
Colorado Environmental Coalition, Center for Biological Diversity, WildEarth Guardians
Style and Concept
What character, tenor, or spirit do you wish to convey?
Evocative of nature, wild places, and/or a wild heart. We envision a biologically healthy and sustainable coexistence of humans and wild beings moving into the future.
Are there any words or phrases you especially like or hate?
We like: WILD, We hate: ECOSYSTEMS, BIODIVERSITY, SOUTHERN ROCKIES
Rocky or Rockies is okay, but we do work in the prairies and desert as well as the Rocky Mountains. We'd like the name to be inclusive of those areas.
Do you have other info you want to share?
The name must not already be registered with the United States Patent Office.
Our name should trigger an emotional response, and convey a sense of inclusivity. Someone should hear our name and think, "Wow, what a great cause. I want to devote some of my personal resources to something so important!" Above all, the name needs to be simple and memorable.
No Files Added