What does your company do?
We provide a service that lets users bookmark and share their favorite places.
You create a map of your favorite places and then invite your friends (or that cute girl you met last Saturday) to make their maps too, so that you can share opinions and recommendations, see where specific friends like to go, and see what places are popular overall in your social circle.
Do you require that a .COM or other URL be available for the new name?
Yes. We require that .com domain name be available.
What is your industry?
Social recommendations, local business reviews, online maps
Describe your customers
Our early adopters are urban-dwelling, 24-35 year old, tech-savvy professionals. They are likely heavy Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare users (or employees) and use those services on their iPhones or Android smartphones. They are of both genders with a slight skew towards females.
What 3 things do you want your company name to communicate to your customers?
The three concepts we would like to incorporate into our brand and naming are:
* Memory--Remember where you've been and what you liked.
* Discovery/exploration--We want to delight people by helping them find exciting new local spots.
* Social trust--Unlike other local review sites, you get recommendations from your friends, not strangers.
List the names of your top three competitors
Style and Concept
What character, tenor, or spirit do you wish to convey?
We want something fun, friendly, and approachable. We want short, memorable and unique too. (Good luck!)
Are there any words or phrases you especially like or hate?
Things we like:
* Compound names--Foodspotting, Urbanspoon
* Clear phonetic spelling--Yelp, Gowalla
Things we dislike:
* Hard to spell or pronounce--SCVNGR, buzzd
* Meaningless/generic--Gogobot, Kudzu
Do you have other info you want to share?
Thanks and good luck!
No Files Added