What do you do?
Maynebridge develops mobile, social and cloud-based technology applications and architecture and delivers integrated end-to-end solutions.
We conceive, plan, design, build, test, roll out and support mobile apps exploiting object and service oriented architectures and agile programming disciplines.
What is your industry?
Maynebridge is focused initially on the financial sector but plans to diversify into education and healthcare.
What 3 things do you want to communicate to your audience through your app?
* Ease of Use
* Quality and refinement
Style and Details
How many app screens do you need designed?
Here is a list of what is needed:
* Main App Icon. This needs to be detailed and layered. It will drive the overall color scheme.
The App Icon can be of your own design. One idea would be to start with a golden-copper disc that may alternately be perceived as a coin or as the Sun. Set in front of this might appear a cornucopia of flowers, fruit and corn, or alternatively a corn plant in which the sheaves are bent away from the ear of corn in the shape of the letter K. This is one idea I would like to see explored, but again you may come up with your own concept. The themes that resonate likely include small change and growth/harvest.
* The overall color scheme. It is expected that this will comprise 2-3 complementary colors, which will be used primarily in the Toolbar/Navigation Bar that appears at top of each screen and in the Bar Buttons that live on those Toolbars / Navigation Bars.
* Image files to be used as background image for the Toolbars/Navigation Bars, and for the Buttons.
* Button image files should be stretchable (repeatable pixels in horizontal center) and have rounded corners.
* Image files to be used in Table Row backgrounds: One for the "Featured" table (see IMG_0108.jpg) and another for the "Search" table (see IMG_0109.jpg).
* 2 Tab Bar Icons: Representing "Explore (Browse)" and representing "My Loans". These will replace the current "Featured" and "My Loans" Tab Bar Icons that can be seen in the attached screenshots.
* 1 Basket Toolbar Icon. The current basket icon is okay, but too large compared to other toolbar icons. All toolbar icons should have a similar weight.
* 1 Settings Gear Toolbar icon. Similar to the basket icon, the current Settings Gear icon is too large.
* 2-3 Simple placeholder images at multiple resolutions (retina, non-retina) to display while requested image downloads.
* 1 Button representing "Add to basket" See the buttons labeled "Select Amount" and "Remove" in attached file IMG_0111.jpg.
Do your app designs need to be a particular size?
All icons and buttons needs to be created and delivered in both iPad and iPhone and in both Retina and non-retina size according to specifications in attached file named Icon_Sizes.pdf
What mobile app styles do you like?
Apart from the Apple apps which are obviously well designed, I like a number of iPad apps including FlipBoard, Zite, Waze, Notability, Google, Facebook (but its often too slow)
What colors do you want to see in your mobile app design?
A Sky Blue, that is perhaps skewing toward slate. Can be a gradient. Used as background color for Toolbars.
A Gold that would suggest both coinage and corn. This would be used for buttons on the Toolbar, i.e. foreground. Needs to be done in a way that does not look childish, corny, kitsch.
The button representing "Add to basket" might be an earth brown-red color, but more brown than red.
What colors do you NOT want to see in your mobile app design?
I would like to keep green to a minimum. If green is used, it should tie in directly to the predominant green used on www.kiva.org.
What adjectives should best describe your app design?
Do you have additional info or links you'd like to share?
This app, which will be free, will enable both existing Kiva members as well as people simply curious about micro-finance to browse pre-sorted micro-lending opportunities (loans); search for loans by specific attributes; view loan details, including background stories, borrower photos and videos; pledge funding to a basket of loans and submit the basket to Kiva website; view loans they've made already; see loans geographically; review country economic indicators by reviewing data mash ups; share loans on social networks; and save and synchronize preference settings between devices.
The app is structured around four tabs for initial release. Each tab is an iPad Split View (i.e., like iPad Mail, Notes, Reminders, etc) with a Master list of loan results that's on screen in landscape mode and a Detail view of loan details for the loan select in the Master View. Of the four tabs, three are identical loan master-detail and one is a Country List master and selected country detail. In addition, there are popup modal windows for viewing the Basket of loans, and for changing preference settings.
The most critical requirement is to design an App Icon that is layered, detailed and compelling. This will in turn drive the color scheme for Toolbars and bar button items. For example, the toolbar background might be a sky blue and the toolbar button items a golden sun. The App Icon could be a golden disk that simultaneously suggests both a bright copper penny and the Sun, in front of an ear of Indian corn with leaves falling off in the shape of a K (for Kiva). I also need a button for pledging amount to lend. Also need custom tabbar icons and toolbar icons and placeholder images as described below. Extra credit for map pins that resemble pennies (dropped from heaven). Would be very good if the color scheme in some way references the color scheme used on www.kiva.org (see also attached logo file).
I do not want a green bar background. That has already been done in an iPhone app (see iKiva on the Apple App Store).
Please see www.kiva.org. I do NOT want to replicate this website. But may be good to make reference to it in terms of color, font. That is, would be good to tie in to kiva.org, but have a very distinct, unique look.
No Files Added