LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
The Center for Science Outreach is focused on developing and promoting strong relationships between the scientific and educational communities. We know that when people use discovery and exploration, learning and using science becomes entertaining and sticks with them in the future. Our programs:
- put graduate and post-graduate science fellows and researchers in middle school classrooms to work with science teachers, helping the science teacher expand their hands-on projects and to gain additional content knowledge while the science fellow learns valuable planning, teamwork, and classroom management techniques;
- provide continuing education workshops for science teachers who want to gain additional content knowledge and keep up with current science issues;
- host middle school boys and girls in summer science camps, showing them it is cool to learn and enjoy science;
- bring high school students to Vanderbilt University one school day a week for their entire 4-year high school career to immerse them in scientific culture and to show them what "doing science" really involves; and
- offer summer laboratory internships in Vanderbilt research labs for high school juniors who want to pursue an education in science.
Our greatest focus is to promote science understanding and appreciation by linking teachers, students, and their families to scientists who are "doing science" in the real world.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
The Center for Science Outreach needs a logo that reflects our commitment to science and to bringing science to the community - especially through K-12 schools. We would like the logo to include an "icon" part that can be used alone and can also be used with a stylized version of the words "Center for Science Outreach". Ideally, the icon and words could be stacked for a vertical presentation or the icon could be placed on the left side of the words for a horizontal presentation. Combined with the icon and stylized words, we would like to see an example both with and without the tag line "Science: Your Education, Our Future".
The logo will be used on our website (which will be redesigned after a logo is chosen), on brochures and handouts for our programs, on promotional items, and on signs at events.
The logo will often be used along with the Vanderbilt University and/or Vanderbilt Medical Center logos (see file attachments).
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
The Center for Science Outreach's target audience most often includes members of the education community (teachers, students, parents, administrators, etc.) and members of university communities (faculty, researchers, administrators, etc.), but some of our programs are open to the general public. We want our audience to see that the Center for Science Outreach is working to help them understand that science affects their life, how it makes their life more enjoyable, and how science is not so hard that they cannot be involved. And, most importantly, we want everyone to develop some interest in science and to find ways to explore science for themselves.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
The Center for Science Outreach staff wants a clean, professional design that is modern. The text should be clear and easy to read when the logo is both large and small. The icon part may be abstract but can stand alone to identify the Center for Science Outreach. The icon part may integrate the letters "CSO". Elements that can indicate "science" and "outreach" are encouraged.
The logo should have a full-color version for use on the web and large promotional items. The logo should also work as a one- and a two-color version that would be appropriate for black and white copies, for t-shirts, and when embroidered on polo shirts.
We will need vector files (Illustrator or EPS), fonts converted to outlines, in CMYK format.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
The staff is tired of the current color scheme, please don't make a logo that is focused on blue, however, that does not mean not to use any blue at all!
The logo should be catchy yet "professional", not something you would find at a children's science center or on a children's television show.
We do not want a logo that focuses on a piece of scientific equipment (a beaker, test tubes, a microscope, etc.). Be creative in how you symbolize "science".
No Files Added