Tell us what you need
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1) A nod to theater, without kowtowing to convention (invite new play-goers, but don't alienate older audiences)
2) What the app does (if possible - we let the audience tip performers in plays)
3) High Quality (we're dealing with peoples' money - professionalism is important)
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
Image (Icon) + Text
This would be ideal, but we don't want to limit good branding ideas. The 'icon' does not have to be the letter 'b'. It can be, but it can -definitely- not be as well.
We may throw in a bonus for unique or original font designs/implementations - we get that part's tricky and appreciate quality ideas/work (even if it's not selected).
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
Benefactor.org is the first product in a suite of offerings that will ultimately change how live theater is created and monetized.
Benefactor lets audiences send direct message and donations/tips to actors on a stage at a play. Tell them how great they were, and send them a few dollars to let them know you really mean it!
Benefactor's starting niche is those free park showings, or those intimate $5-$15 dollar shows you see with some fresh, amazing new talent that you want to support right as they give you an experience that is worth far more than what you paid.
Actors Everywhere got its logo from CrowdSpring before and we were very pleased with it. We rewarded those who we didn't select, but who gave great ideas. We were VERY involved in the creation process originally, and plan to be just as engaged this time.
We're attaching the Actors Everywhere logo for those who want to give our two brands a cohesive feel (though that's not a 'must' for us).
We are also attaching some other work done for us elsewhere that we currently are planning to move ahead with, but decided to give CrowdSpring another shot.
Some of the ideas are interesting, but the style either wasn't right or there was nothing particularly striking about it. Feel free to ask us what we liked or didn't like if you're concerned!
Don't get too caught up in the Blue/White color scheme or the 'feel' of what Benefactor.org is right now. After we get a new logo, we'll take that logo and hire someone to redesign the entire site/app. So, you have full creative license.
Here is our wish list, in no particular order -
1) Icon and Company Name (bonus points for an impressive, unique font creation or choice - we have awarded bonus monies to creatives in the past for work we liked but didn't use, or bonuses for those who went above and beyond the call of duty)
2) DO NOT USE THE COMEDY / TRAGEDY MASKS - these are overplayed and tired. We're almost guaranteed to not choose ideas utilizing these motifs... almost. You'd have to be absolutely incredibly mind-blowingly amazing to get us to want to use anything using these images or anything like them.
3) Some classic icons/motifs of stage we do think are usable - flowers, applause (one of our taglines is 'turn applause into money'), the image of a hand offering/reaching out, audience/stage, etc.
4) The logo for Actors Everywhere (AE) (attached below) and this new one don't HAVE to mesh, but it could. We've also kicked around the idea of using part of the AE logo (the curtains) and replacing the person with things that represent each new software offering we have... it's a thought.
I think that's it for now - we will be checking here VERY FREQUENTLY and WE LOVE QUESTIONS, so feel free to hit us up with any ideas or notions. We will be very actively involved in this process.
EDIT1 - the 'hand offering' logos in the logomarks sketches? We always thought that was verging on something great, but it seemed like we couldn't make it happen. For what it's worth. If you think you can take that and redesign it into what we want, by all means go for it!
EDIT2 - What about the idea of some sort of flatUI inspired 'rose' or flower (throwing flowers on the stage? in some way?) Not sure - just trying to offer suggestions! Also lends itself to a very pleasant red/green color scheme overall...
EDIT3 - Hands clapping? In some way?
No Files Added