LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
I'm an experienced operations director and have set up many companies for others. Now I've turned that expertise into a business in which I help startups get going and help existing companies grow their operation...but I don't have a name or logo for the company yet.
I'm looking for a short made-up name that can be turned into an industry brand, just like Tissue became a noun, and Google, Xerox and Akamai became verbs ("to Xerox a page" "to Google your boyfriend" "to Akamai your website"). If the name you choose has an underlying meaning that would be nice.
The general concept is that I am helping operational novices swim, not sink. To get you thinking along the lines I am, I've attached a PDF of a flier (rough draft) for my company.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
A company name and a logo
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
1. New companies, generally under 10 people, who need our services (see attached flier describing what we offer).
2. Existing companies that want to grow up to 300 people (and in some cases more - I don't want bigger projects than that, but I will do it for clients for whom we did the initial set up).
I want them to recognize:
1. our expertise
2. that there is no one else out there that offers all these services under one roof, one point of contact
3. that we are a happy company and focused on the joy of growth while minimizing risk and worry for the entrepreneur
The three key values we offer are:
1. We solve issues that detract attention from the entrepreneur's core business (if they are perfecting their product and building relationships, they should not be distracted by things like setting up servers or phone systems)
2. We provide significant cost savings through procurement expertise and economies of scale
3. We reduce startup and growth risk because of our teams decades of startup and business growth experience
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
http://logopond.com/ - the logo of the website itself
Logopond seems to be a good source of inspiration for many designers in general.
Things that have to do with water - flow, swim, float. anything but sinking. I'm a surfer and the client base in West Los Angeles, mostly by the sea, so that theme tend to fly well.
Some names I thought of are H2Grow, Swimmingly, Sharkbait, and Gromassist (a grom is a young surfer, but it could be understood as growing in this context).
I don't like the first three names, but if you have an amazing idea using the Gromassist name, I would be happy to consider it.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
I need a design that can be worked with on stationary or in a fax and that can be modified to work with various backgrounds. it should include our tag line:
"expert startup and growth services"
"professional startup and growth services"
it's needs to exude professionalism and creativity. it's needs to portray strength but not stuffiness.
it would be nice if it could be extended to things like "my....". For example, crowdSPRING's user profile page is called mySPRING.
I'm excited to see what you come up with.
No Files Added