LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
The Civil War Preservation Trust is the Nation's largest non-profit focused on saving endangered Civil War battlefield land. We have saved more than 29,000 acres of Civil War battlefield land in 20 states.
For more on us please visit our website: www.civilwar.org
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need to redesign our organizational logo. Our current logo has been in use since 1999 and has a number of problems (A) it includes controversial Confederate battle flag imagery (B) doesn't indicate that we are a land preservation organization and (C) doesn't convey our organization's name.
Our new logo would hopefully solve for all three problems above. We are looking for a strong, bold, patriotic image.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience tends to be male and over the age of 40 years old. They tend to be highly patriotic and very historically sensitive (accuracy and detail matters).
We would like our logo to also be a better ambassador for those who don't know much about us.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Civil War Trails: www.civilwartrails.org
Trust for Public Land: www.tpl.org
Nature Conservancy: www.nature.org
Imagery that works:
- Civil War Cannons
- Civil War Soldiers (stay neutral)
- Map imagery
Imagery that doesn't work
- Split Rail Fences (too complicated)
- Iconic Civil War images that are specific to one battlefield
- Circular representations of our name
- Flags (hard to stay neutral or gets us back to our old problem)
We have an extensive array of Civil War images on Flickr:
- Red, White, Blue (Navy Blue)
- Blue & Gray (too much gray can weaken the image)
- Open to Civil War era fonts, but want to project a modern image of the organization as well.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Our Name
- Some design element that says we are a land preservation organization
- Some Civil War - ness to the design
- Strong, bold, patriotic
No Files Added