LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
This is being done for the Irish, O'Brien family and The O'Brien Store (http://www.obrienstore.com). We deal in family specific products and heritage from Ireland and abroad.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
Re-imagine the O'Brien family coat of arms.
If you conduct an image search on Google (or see enclosed files) you'll find a few variations available; they are either cartoonish, character-like, or of modest design. These are good examples of what we do NOT want.
I'm looking for a high res version for use in print, on apparel (embroidery), online, and on large banners (at events).
Goal is to create a look that is heraldic and admirable; something family would take pride in an look at as an heirloom.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Notice my comments about what we don't want; I can't say that I've found much that I like.
Though I share these with caution as I don't want you to just recreate something that I can readily get, these aren't bad:
That is, they look better than what we've got
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
Must stick to
- Primary colors are red and yellow though I'd like to see some liberty taken if it can be used to really enrich the crest (green, gold, brown, gray?)
- The right arm holding a sword and extending from slight clouds above a helm
- A helm facing right atop of red shield
- The three lions on a red shield, facing left; white or gray on their left (the perceived right), yellow on their left side and head
- The bannered slogan, "Lmh lidir in Uachtar" Note the accents above the first two "a" - This is the Irish language (inaccurately called Gaelic) so feel free to take a look at styles, fonts, and characters therein.
I'm looking for something someone would want to heirloom and in which we can take pride. Some creative license is welcome so long as it maintains the themes and remains well... heraldic.
I'm cautious when using the term heraldic as I don't want to convey an image of knights, dungeons and dragons, or lord of the rings either. This is a family heirloom, not a design from fantasy, mythology or games.
If you are Irish, note that I'd like to promote you as the designer adding some heritage to the crest.
No Files Added