New York Asian Women's Center
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your logo
The New York Asian Womens Center helps women and their children overcome domestic violence and other forms of abuse by empowering them to govern their own lives. The Center provides a safe haven through multi-lingual support programs and shelter services. In addition, the Center works to raise public awareness about violence against women, advocates for the rights of survivors, and acts as an agent of social change.
The main audience for NYAWC's materials are
1) Donors and foundations who support the work NYAWC does in helping victims of abuse and trafficking
2) The women and children that NYAWC provides assistance and a save haven for
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
In this logo re-design, were looking to update our look and feel. But we are also challenging designers to use their imagination to create a new logo that is not just modern, but also memorable and evocative of NYAWCs goal to help women overcome violence and govern their own lives, free of abuse
1) Professional/Successful: the New York Asian Women's Center has been dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence and human trafficking for nearly 30 years. Our logo should reflect not only how well-established we are, but also how effective we are at fulfilling our mission.
2) Compassionate/empathetic: Our logo will be the face of our non-profit to victims of domestic violence or human trafficking, and it is important that the logo be welcoming. It is important that it connotes warmth and understanding
3) Cultural expertise/language capacity: NYAWC is unique in the non-profit space for its understanding the cultural factors that influence domestic violence in Asian immigrant communities. In addition, NYAWC's counselors speak over 15 languages and dialects
Style and Concept
What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
Text and image (see existing logo)
The logo should contain the color purple, the phoenix, and NYAWC's initialsthe rest of the reimagining is up to you
Although NYAWC will retain its name, the logo should de-emphasize the NY element, since we will still be based in NY but expanding our geographical reach [THIS IS IMPORTANT, and definitely something that we'd love a talented designer help us bring to life]
We want to retain the phoenix, albeit perhaps in a more abstract, modern incarnation.
We want to logo to be modern in feel, but still retain some elements that convey tradition
We want to use the color purple as a binding element, but its shade and prominence in the logo is up to you
What colors do you want to see in your logo?
What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
It should be simple and not too colorful, based around the color purple. But we are open to ideas!
Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
Print, website, brochures, etc
Do you have other info or links you want to share?
To find out more about NYAWC please visit http://www.nyawc.org/
In addition to the women that NYAWC empowers, the logo also has a second audience in NYAWCs donors and supporters. The organization is especially proud of its efficiency and low overhead costs. Most importantly, NYAWC takes pride in the results it has driven, the impressive statistics that back up the stories of the women they helped begin anew. Therefore, the mirror should reflect the organizations professionalism and success.
Our existing logo has worked, but we would love to refresh it for the coming years while retaining the central elements.
We are excited to see your ideas!
No Files Added