LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Mission Zero started with one man who decided it was time to change course. In 1994, Ray Anderson, the founder and chairman of Interface, Inc., the world's largest manufacturer of commercial carpet, experienced an epiphany. "I discovered an urgent calling and an unexpectedly rewarding new role for myself," Anderson wrote. "Thus began my third life, with a new vision of what I wanted Interface, my child, to grow up to be."
Anderson began reading voraciously, gaining inspiration and insight from leading thinkers in the field of sustainability such as Daniel Quinn, Paul Hawken and Rachel Carson. Gradually, Anderson envisioned a new role for himself and his company, one of a sustainable enterprise and a journey toward zero environmental footprint.
Anderson's enthusiasm for his vision, which was later named Mission Zero, was contagious. His vision became the company's vision, embraced by employees at every level and integrated into the company's culture and beliefs. Employees became ambassadors for Mission Zero, introducing the idea to customers who quickly saw it as a way to meet their own clients' needs and expectations. Nearly 15 years later, Mission Zero has friends and followers far and wide, across many countries and industries.
MissionZero.org is a natural evolution of the Mission Zero movement. It is our intent to continue to expand Mission Zero's circle of participants and advocates. The larger the conversation about sustainability, the more people we will inspire and motivate to join us on the mission to zero.
Here is what the social network offers
- Community: A vibrant place where like-minded people go to meet, share and swap fresh ideas and valuable resources.
- Thought Hub: A place to find out about current sustainability best practices and to learn ways to put those practices into action in your life, at home, and at work.
- Information Warehouse: A vast repository of resources concerning the modern sustainability movement, of ideas that have shaped the Mission Zero community, and a safe location to list, post and warehouse your own ideas and information for others to enjoy.
Please visit MissionZero.org for inspiration.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We will need a logo design for both print and web. It would be nice to have an application that is more square and as a bonus an application that is a longer rectangle.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Interior Design Community
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- Flat imagery, nothing with gradients or a 3D effect (see site for current iconography and look and feel)
- A color that fits in with the current color palette on missionzero.org (preference is the blue on the site)
- Not necessary to keep, but are open to keeping the (null) sign
- Greenwash - This site aspires to be the most credible sustainability community and resource on the web. This site is about being sustainable in the green sense, not actually green in color.
- The bubble in the current logo from the site.
No Files Added