Tell us what you need
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1. That we are trustworthy, reliable, a premier source, transpareny. We need to strike a balance between robust and caring. We provide financial AND social data to the microfinance industry, so we provide both the sometimes boring data but also the more human data. We would like to convey this in the look and feel of the logo. There isn't anything sexy about data, but we would like the logo to give off a sense of robustness, security, reliability, trust, inclusive, harmony, etc. We are also venturing off into new fields, such as financial inclusion, so we are expanding beyond just microfinance. The new logo has to take this into account. It has to be flexible and not rigid, able to still remain true to the original mission -- providing transparency to the microfinance industry.
2. Also important to note -- we used to be referred to as "Microfinance Information Exchange". We are getting rid of that and trying to just be known as MIX. We want people to really recognize us as MIX. This must come off as firm and clear.
3. We are more than just a nonprofit data warehouse. We also have a commercial side through which we develop products and solutions for Premium clients such as investors, donors, networks, academics, and researchers. As such, we have to resonate with and appeal to this diverse audience. We have to look sophisticated but not too exclusive. We want to appeal to both the free and paid market.
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
We're pretty flexible here. We are considering three different alternatives:
1. Keep logo as is but give it a facelift, either by smoothing it out (making it look less rigid) or slightly changing the color scheme. Or we can choose to capitalize the letters instead of having them lower case.
2. Manipulate the M or the X in MIX. The X is probably the one to go with, since you can play around with the arrow. In our previous in-house drafts, we have also incorporated dots, which tend to signify data.
3. If we can give off the feel that we are all-encompassing by putting a line above and below MIX, that might portray us as inclusive and something like a market (one of our platform names is MIX Market).
4. For color schemes, we have a few ideas here. We like blue because it relates to transparency and clearness. We could incorporate a grey or silver hue. We also like the dark blue - lime-ish green combination. Or a sea blue with a sea green.
5. Our internal schema often times depicts us in a hexagon sort of way. We could incorporate this somehow.
6. We are flexible with text only or any other variation that the designer comes up with.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
This submission is for our corporate logo. We also have two other platforms - MIX Market and FINclusion Labs that we will be creating logos for as well. As such, we need this to flow well with these next two platforms (design + description yet to be determined).
This is our website where we display all profiles of all microfinance actors who submit data to us: www.mixmarket.org
This is currently our corporate site: www.themix.org
No Files Added