LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
Membee is the name for a new web-based membership management software product for non-profit organizations. The product is designed to bring simplicity and ease of use to the management of membership information. The product will be targeted primarily at small mid sized associations and other membership-based organizations.
The product will be used to manage the following types of information:
- Membership including invoicing membership dues and managing basic details about each member
- Events including managing event registration and payment process, creating nametags and building attendance lists
- Committees and Groups
Weve chosen the symbolism of the hard-working bee for our corporate image. We would like our audience to compare our softwares efficiency to the bee - quietly working in the background as a key support for our entire ecosystem.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
We need a logo with a Web 2.0 feel that is just corporate enough. We plan to have fun with the bee concept away from the logo, but not too much :-) So, we would like to keep the logo very simple and clean - with a fairly corporate feel.
The logo will be used in print (business cards, stationary, brochures, etc.) and in our product and on our website. Ideally, it should be possible to display the logo in black and white as well as full color. These projects will be completed later.
We would like to have a version of the logo with and without our tagline. The tagline is hardworking membership management.
The word "membee" may either be capitalized or not, depending on your preference. We are willing to consider logo designs that incorporate the ".com" at the end of the name and those that do not.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our target audience is the leadership of small-mid sized membership based organizations across North America and around the world.
Some examples of the types of organizations who would use the product are:
- Trade associations
- Professional associations
- Chambers of Commerce
- Individual membership based organizations
- Other types of non-profits that have a membership
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
We really like the appearance and method of incorporating an elephant into the logo for Evernote. A similar type of logo using a bee would be ideal for us.
The logo for ancestry.com also demonstrates the type of simple and elegant design we are looking for. In addition, the leaves beside the name in the logo can easily be used in other areas of the website as a design element that reinforces the brand. We hope to achieve that with the bee image in our logo.
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
- A bee somehow incorporated into logo (we like the way that Evernote incoporated an elephant)
- Yellow and black as primary colors for the bee image would be ideal although we are open to seeing other alternatives
- Unique, corporate-looking font
- Creative ways to include our tag line (hardworking membership management) with the logo
- Overly cute bee image in logo - bee should look more like it's part of a corporate logo and less like a bee from a box of breakfast cereal :-)
No Files Added