Mammoth Equity Partners, LLC
What do you do?
Mammoth Equity Partners is a company established to source, acquire, then help to run a mid-size business. Mammoth Equity Partners is a partnership of 2 professionals (with additional support) who have raised capital from investors to purchase the business. We will be looking at various service businesses, distribution businesses and light manufacturing businesses. The business we acquire will likely have between 50-200 employees and $10-40M of revenues.
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
Mammoth Equity Partners
What is your industry?
Describe the target audience for your logo
1) Business owners (people who hear about our company and who potentially have a business for potentially for sale). These people are more typically than not, white males, 50-65 years old. They will have worked for 10-20 years building their business, they understand their industry very well. They are proud of it and want their legacy protected if they sell it. The other demographic is a younger (typically white male) who had worked in a business for less years, had success. Now is the time to cash out for both and hand over the reigns. We want them to trust that we are the right firm and people to help with this.
2) Intermediaries (professionals, e.g. lawyers, accountants, or business brokers. People who work for or represent business owners either to support their ongoing operations or to represent them as they look for a buyer for their business).
3) Investors. People who would consider committing capital to Mammoth to help finance the acquisition.
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
1) We understand business. We're general managers, not just finance people. i.e. we know how to run a company.
2) We undertand a business owners needs. We want to protect your legacy and make you money.
3) We're friendly, approachable. We're not just suits.
4) Mammoth is a professional organization, serious about what we do (but not too serious - why else would we pick the name Mammoth)?
Style and Concept
What logo styles do you like (text only, image only, text and image, etc.)?
We would consider both TEXT ONLY and TEXT + IMAGE. If text, the emphasis should be on Mammoth (e.g. big Mammoth with smalle Equity Partners underneath, where "width" of Mammoth is same as width of "Equity Partners").
What colors do you want to see in your logo?
We like red (e.g. the red here http://www.bain.com), grays, blue, maybe some shades of brown. The traditional color for this industry is blue (finance), but we'd like to stand out. Blue is safe (and so we'd be interested to see options that do use blue), but my guess is that we'll end up with a different color, e.g. red. Red is a shocking color, so it must somehow be muted (e.g. with accents of gray).
What colors do you NOT want to see in your logo?
Where will your logo be used (print, website, etc.)?
Website, collateral, business cards etc. (pretty much everywhere)
Do you have other info or links you want to share?
We have considered the following themes
- BIG (what image conveys we're about big ideas, big plans, big goals)
- MAMMOTH (it's an animal, could use this in our logo). Is the Mammoth wise, strong? Is he professional? Is he just a line drawing? Or solid? (if you draw a mammoth, don't emphasis its extinct!). A mammoth is an easy logo, but how do you draw it so it conveys a message (lots of creative opportunities with this one).
- REAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (what image conveys a sense of that we really understand the nuts and bolts of managing a business, e.g. COGS, people shaking hands, people working etc.)
- SYMBOL (e.g. something that shows MEP, or something that is a unique shape, set of shapes - more creativity sought here)
No Files Added