I've taken the time to write a full design brief below. Please take the time to consider it in order to give yourself the best chance to win this project. Of course, I'm available for any questions at any time.
* What does your company / organization do?
We are launching a new curbside recycling business in Southwestern Virginia. We will provide customers with recycling containers and will empty these containers curbside once/week - on the same day that the customers' refuse is picked up.
* What is your companys history?
We are a brand new company. Launching January 1, 2009
* What is the overall goal of the new design project?
To produce a logo that will communicate the quality & values of our service.
* What are you trying to communicate and why?
We are looking for a logo that will convey...
- Our love for Virginia's New River Valley
- Our commitment to providing a quality service
- Our commitment to the planet as a whole
- Our desire to show younger generations the importance of environmental stewardship
* Are you trying to sell more products or get awareness of your product / service?
We are trying to establish ourselves as a solid/serious company - even though we are just getting started.
* How do you differ from your competitors?
There are no other providers of this service in our area. The customer currently has three options.
1. Use our service
2. Take household recyclables to the nearest drop-off location
3. Don't recycle
* What are your target markets demographics & phychographics?
Our customers are young to middle aged professionals who *want* to recycle but find it a real hassle to take their recyclables to the drop-off centers on a regular basis. Those who do recycle could likely do more of it, but doing so would require more frequent visits to the drop location. Our customers are likely couples or families many of whom recycle in order to teach their children environmental stewardship. Most households will have more than one income. Our customers are typically well educated. The service will be priced at a few dollars per week. As such, our customers will likely be folks who believe "time is money."
* What copy needs to be included in the design?
The company name: Valley Curbside Recycling
* Where is it going to be printed / used? The web, business cards, stationery, on your car?
This logo will be used everywhere - business cards, stationery, website, pickup van, advertisements, promotional items.
* What other information should the designer know in regards to specifications?
While "green" typically comes to mind when we think recycling, we're paying you to be the designer, so we're not requiring any particular color or emblem. Just get our message across.
No Files Added