Tell us what you need
What is the exact name you would like in your logo?
What is your industry?
What are the top 3 things you would like to communicate through your logo?
Designs Desk is an online freelance website similar to Guru.com / Elance.com, but with an emphasis on design.
Similar to other freelance websites, customers can post design / programming projects and freelancers can submit proposals to be selected for the project award.
What logo styles do you like (image + text, image only, text only, etc.)
With regard to the actual logo design, I have included a few key aspects that must be considered when designing the logo:
1. We want the design to somehow incorporate a desk (i.e. a graphic designers desk). We do NOT want you to simply position a desk next to the company name as that is not creative. We want the desk to somehow be incorporated into the design of the company name and we look to your expertise for the best way to accomplish that.
Creativity - With regard to creativity and incorporating the desk into the design, I have included several examples that better help explain what I mean when I say "incorporating the desk into the actual company name":
Fax it Fast (dot) com (they use a fax page for the word "it" in the company logo)
The Swing logo example is the most creative example I could find and has a great font combination (this is my favorite logo out of all the examples provided).
Also, I really like logo designs that have at least one word of the company name in white colored font. For example, the logo on FaxitFast (dot) com uses white colored font for the word it because they incorporated the company name into the actual logo design. I want something similar with regard to creativity to ensure at least 1 of the 2 words in the company name is white colored font.
2. Fonts - I have included examples of several font combinations that I'm looking for in this design. With that said, please feel free to use any of the font combinations from my examples as they represent exactly what I'm looking for in the font combination for this logo design:
3. Color Scheme - The logo design should include ALL 3 of the following colors - Blue (a little darker than the skype.com blue or something similar to the Tumblr.com logo blue), Dark Grey and White.
Based on my instructions for color scheme in the company name, please use your best judgment for the color scheme of the logo design. When I say I want you to use "white" as 1 of the colors in the logo design, I need the designer to create an opportunity to incorporate "white" into the design (i.e. either with white font, an outline design with white in the middle, etc.).
However, it is important that the logo design includes ALL 3 of the following colors - Blue (a little darker than the skype.com blue or something similar to the Tumblr.com logo blue), Dark Grey and White.
4. Shadow Effect - The logo design MUST use shadow effect. When I say shadow effect, I mean subtle shadow effect around the bottom edges of the company name and shadow effect below the actual logo design (this should create the appearance of the logo design floating if done correctly). The logo must have some type of subtle shadow effect.
5. Do NOT use any type of clip art in the design. It must be 100% original and unique.
Do you have any other info or links you want to share?
The #1 thing I'm looking for in a logo design is creativity. Please do your best to create the opportunity to incorporate "white" into the design (i.e. either with white font, an outline design with white in the middle, etc.).
No Files Added