LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT US:
3Source is a nascent data publishing company. We unlock stories currently trapped in 15th to 20th century media with the help of dedicated amateurs and professionals. These stories are dissected and the parts stored in a database for subsequent presentation (such as mashups and video) and manipulation (such as research).
The stories are epic; the data, gargantuan; and our projects, audacious.
HERE IS WHAT WE NEED:
A *simple* logo encompassing two distinct concepts:
1) Crowdsourcing. The 3Source name is a play on words for "crowdsource." Three is a crowd, after all ;-) A source is often represented as a spring/fountain, or (less often) as roots. We are partial to a logo incorporating the idea of a fountain with three jets of water.
2) A database. The technical symbol for a database is a cylinder, and typically it is a short, squat one as opposed to tall and thin.
Our initial idea was to somehow incorporate the database symbol with 3 jets of water coming out the top. However, we are *not* graphic artists, and it is entirely possible that our idea isn't feasible, or not possible to do well, or doesn't convey the two concepts listed above.
As a graphic artist professional, if you can better achieve the idea of a crowdsourced database, please do so. We're not really happy with our ideas, which is why we're posting our project here ;-)
The logo will first be used on our business cards and stationery. It will then be used on our website, and it may find its way onto Tshirts and mugs eventually.
OUR TARGET AUDIENCE IS:
Our customers include:
Book and video publishers and retailers;
Amateur and professional historians;
Educators and librarians;
Journalists and mainstream media
They should think we are professional, intelligent, artistic, competent, and industry leaders.
WE LIKE THESE DESIGNS:
Successful technical company logos these days are minimalist in terms of colour and design. The Apple logo is now all silver with next to no detail. Cisco changed their black background to white, thereby simplifying their logo.
We don't have any idea about specific fonts. Only one font should be used, and it should be simple and sharp.We like the fonts used by Cisco and Adidas -- rounded, yet confident and bold.
We like the paintbrush effect in this logo:
Again, we like the paintbrush effect in this logo:
We like the font and abstract simplicity of this logo:
We like the smart simplicity of Inch:
WE ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE (or we don't want to see) THIS IN OUR DESIGN:
1. Simple, a bit abstract, elegant, and professional.
2. Two colours -- silver for the majority, and an accent colour. We were thinking of chartreuse for the accent colour (chartreuse is the most visible color to the human eye), but if this doesn't go well with silver, please use a different accent colour that incorporates #1 above.
3. We'd love to see the logo incorporate a few paintbrush-like strokes if this can be done well and reflect #1 above.
4. The text "3Source" should be outside the logo. Whatever font is chosen should reflect #1 above.
No Files Added